Lowering a 4x4 correctly

I would think a urethane bushing with a bolt going sideways through it (perpendicular to the load) would be best. I am not sure if Afco makes them this way, but I know Strange does. I would expect the bearing (Heim) style ends to pound out over time considering the weight, but it would depend on driving conditions and miles vs. time. This is what I have done with a couple of lifted full size trucks, but with softer, rockcrawler style springs, so tough to compare. Changing the bearings in the ends of the shock every year or two wouldn't offend me, not sure how you would feel about that. I wouldn't want the factory style stud top shock, and I know you can buy the towers setup for coilovers with the sideways style mounting bolt, also. I would also consider speaking with King, I am a dealer and know they are very cooperative with custom stuff, valving, lengths, etc. They know what these trucks weigh, and how to keep them together while being jumped in the desert, might be worth a call to discuss what you intend to do. Also a very nice product. I can't remember if they have double adjustable available externally, but I know they can do single clickers on the reservoir...
I have a guy wanting to lower his 10 ford, but being in upstate New York, he would get laughed out of town, too many rednecks up here.....:Cheer:

Yeah I have nothing at all against changing out the bearings every year. I have to remove my towers for the twins but I already have some deletes I can have ears welded to for mounting them.

Thanks for the insight

Jason,
i run 305/50/20 420's, QA1 adjustables all around, 1/2 ton 4x4 coils, and 4 leafs in rear.
Front fender-well opening is at 37", rear is 40".
I may remove one more leaf to make it exactly level, it will do you just fine.
mura7evy.jpg

guhehuja.jpg

do you have an OEM part number for the springs you used? Talking with my contact at dodge dealer there's 8 difference coils for the 1500 in 2004.

I went to the junk yard and asked for 2002-2007 1/2 ton 4x4 front springs. If i remember these came off a 04 rumble bee.

new oem control arms, uppers and lowers will cost me $403 after tax.

Springs, depending on which one i get is about $34/each.

I pulled all but the top 4 leafs when I did my caltracs. With the front stock, it sits level.

AFE6951B-13F2-4626-9394-5D46E7887705_zpsmfv9vubl.jpg

44555703-105C-4E3F-BDD6-50901CBF341C_zps0m5n6blm.jpg

I'm really considering lowering mine this spring, my biggest concer (which I may have missed) is what are you guys doing about the front bump stops? I was thinking about cutting and fringing the mounts off then putting the rubber stops right on the frame.