Machine shop in South Texas ?

TSD told me they use Parks... All of the machine work I could have done probably wouldn't excede the cost of a Torque Plate, but its worth asking them about for sure. If the Plate cost minus all machine work is around what I would spend on machine work anyway, then we would both benefit.

Anyone have dimensions for the torque plate? I could help out in making one for minimal cost of time and materials.

I'm just going to have my waterjet guy scan the head gasket into the CAD, then clean up the lines.

Negative. I'm going to assume no response means no Torque Plate...

You are correct..

Just out of curiosity I gave them a call and asked if they had plates for cummins or duramaxes, and he said no he has neither.

I was kind of shocked they answered on the first try lol.

Just need to get a few dozen guys to call the same machine shop asking about Torque Plate Honing. That way maybe they will invest in one, lol.

Have you called farris racing engines up north? They are in springtown. John weatherby used to use them, I use them for duramax's but they do more cummins. I believe they can do it.

Parks has built us many engines including mine. We've had no issues not using a torque plate (Granted the high hp engines he's built like mine are filled and sleeved so not much flex). We have considered getting a torque plate but haven't seen the negatives of not using one.
Keating has them for $650 plus $79 for spacers if you want one.
The engines have seen 1600+ hp and 100+ psi of boost and have gone seasons with nothing but a bearing freshen up.

Springtown is a solid 8 hour drive one way from here. Not interested in using a shop that far away... And I know Torque Plate Honing isn't something I really need for my mild DD engine, but it is something I want. And eliminating cylinder distortion at final assembly would be beneficial for any engine when longevity is a goal.

And PhillipF, I think no matter what I figure out on the Torque Plate, I'll be having Parks do the machine work ��. With the impression I got talking to them on the phone, and all the recommendations I've had for them, they will be getting my business ��. And only about 2.5 - 3 hour drive.

I'm sure Rick would cut you a deal if you wanted a torque plate, he could even split it with you, if you leave it there. We talked about doing that with him a while back but never got around to it.
Rick defiantly knows his stuff on engines, I don't plan on going anywhere else.