Mag-hytec users

B18B1LS1

Did your deep transmission pan come with a spacer to move the filter down lower? I was doing some searching for a different kind of filter I want to run in my 47rh and read about the spacer that the "overdrive" 727's need to run. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the answers I get on this...

not on the regular deep pan. i believe it comes with the double deep, also ats deep pans come with it.
it shouldnt be an issue with just a deep pan though.due to the ribs in the bottom of the pan

Measured mine at 3 7/8 tall, looks to be deep and not DD, thanks again.

Sounds like the strandard pan, the part number will end in d for the standard one and the dub deep the number will end in dd

You still fill to the same oil level so I've never figured there was that much of a difference if you ran the spacer or not.

What are you planning on running for a filter and why?

yeah i have a mag hytec double deep pan and it comes with the aluminum spacer for the filter

You still fill to the same oil level so I've never figured there was that much of a difference if you ran the spacer or not.

What are you planning on running for a filter and why?

I was just searching for a brass screen filter instead of the standard Dacron. I'm switching over to the Hygard this time around and most people are saying stick with the screen. I would imagine either one won't make a difference since we don't run huge rpm's like the gassers though.

I was just searching for a brass screen filter instead of the standard Dacron. I'm switching over to the Hygard this time around and most people are saying stick with the screen. I would imagine either one won't make a difference since we don't run huge rpm's like the gassers though.

I kind of thought that you might be looking for a screen...

I have run the thick HyGard with both the fabric and screen filters in a wide variety of temperatures in my truck. I didn't notice a difference between them. I would recommend getting a screen as well just as a safeguard.

You will probably have trouble finding a brass screen filter for a torqueflite in stock somewhere, but it is possible that a tranny shop may have one. I just order them from bulkpart for a whopping $7.

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=2&Category_Code=A727filter