Major Problems

Dieselson

ppe power
Ok, I'm hoping the motor isn't cooked. The problem started today, it ran fine yesterday, in a stock tune, the truck loses power and boost when put the throttle we were losing speed and boost and then I looked back, and once, there was a little puff of white smoke, I hope it is no the motor. It was running fine yesterday. Also, it kind of smelled, don't know what but it smelled, all the temps were in check, but the boost fell when you gased it. So if anyone can help, that would be great. Also, it isn't shaking badly or anything like that.

ouch drew that sucks hope you and your dad get thing up and running again

sound like vegas is out for you guys

Not necessarily, I have heard its probably injectors. I forgot to add, the mileage, in the past few months has gone from 20 to 11.

Sounds like a boost leak, check the boots on the IC & other connections

Noreaster said:
Sounds like a boost leak, check the boots on the IC & other connections

correct i would check for a major boost leak or a restriction in the charge piping somewhere.

i had this problem with a 05 lly when the guy sucked his k&n up into the turbo and stopped up the intercooler and it actually sucked the charge pipe coupling flat and it was the same thing your explaining huge amounts of white smoke from unburnt fuel. the coupling tend to go bad after seeing all the oil in the charge piping sometimes also

It's not the fuel filter IMO.

You can make something to pressurize the system, Boots/intercooler/turbo and all. You'd need to come up with something that mounts to the intake side of the turbo. I do mine with a rubber boot over a coffee can and a air bib screwed into the coffee can, then pressurize the system to what ever pressure you're brave enough for(30psi?). Better yet get a piece of 4" pipe and weld a end cap on it. You'll find the leak if there is one.

Sounds familiar , I just replaced a turbo on a LB7 that the wastegate tab had broken off! Might check there! :D hehe, Maybe check for somthing on the install of the turbo? You could have a loose boost hose or maybe a up pipe leaking?

There has to be a boost leak somewhere in the system or restriction,like rag in the intercooler,and thats unlikely.Like Idaho said you need to pull hose off turbo and off intake,find a way to cap both , figure out a way to pressuize on one of the caps.Like installing a valve stem in the cap to pressurize system to 30 psi off air compressor,and listen and look for a leak and see if it hold the 30 psi by checking with gauge after pressurizing it.,And ck your air filter to make sure you havn't sucked it shut or something dumb like that.Quit thinking a fuel filter could cause the boost to go to 10 psi and drop like that.It's actually a sign it's trying to make boost,then starts leaking and boost goes out breach wherever it is.Remember I just got done chasing my tail finding my 12" crack in intercooler,and I couldn't here anything.It could also be on your intake manifold.You need to do some checking,or go down to PPE and let Miguel find your leak.The boost is going to the outside somewhere in that system,Drew let your Dad read this Post ,He can do this or have him call me and I'll try to walk him through it or come over and help you figure it out.

Gasuout

one word ! MITUSA ! its not a electrical pump ! It will still let the fuel system work if a belt breaks ! I have all the plans for the mount for the dual fuelers !

When In doubt , build it stout !

Attachments

• MITUSA+dualcp3.jpg
    MITUSA+dualcp3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
  • MIT3.jpg
    MIT3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10