Manual makes funky chatter

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Buddy of mine had an upgraded street clutch put in his 07 dually. I have no clue as to what clutch it is, but he is finding out- he also had a DPF delete and a Mini-Maxx installed.

If you let the clucth out and keep the engine @ idle, it makes a crazy chatter- woes not do it under acceleration though. Any ideas?

where is the chatter noise coming from? it might be the throw out bearing.

If its a dual disk that is normal.

There will also be some slight noise if he installed a solid mass flyeheel.

Last edited:
It is not a dual disc- and he is pretty sure the DMF was removed-
So he is stuck with it?

It is not a dual disc- and he is pretty sure the DMF was removed-
So he is stuck with it?

Yep.

We put a Valair Single Disc in my dads 06. Replaced the DMF with the setup Valair sells. Gear chatter while idling in neutral. No sound while driving or when the clutch is engaged.

Learn to live with it...

its called gear roll-over, my NV 5600 does it with a SB Dual Disc

its called gear roll-over, my NV 5600 does it with a SB Dual Disc

Gear rollover is when the trans is under load.

The noise at idle is something you learn to live with. Putting something thicker in than ATF like gorilla juice helps the clatter.

Mobil delvac 50 was recommended by john weatherby. I'm gonna give that a try next time.

Last edited:
A buddy has an 07 or 08 dually with an after market clutch. Don't remember if it is Valair or SB....but it is one noisy mofo. I'd have tossed it if it were mine, but it is normal from what I hear.

The noise at idle is something you learn to live with. Putting something thicker in than ATF like gorilla juice helps the clatter.

Mobil delvac 50 was recommended by john weatherby. I'm gonna give that a try next time.

I'm using Gorilla juice now, it helped tremendously. But I still have the good ole chatter.

Removing the DMF and replacing with single mass is what causes the chatter. Like many other have suggested use either gorilla juice or Mobil synthetic

^^Thicker oil helps a lot,

I guess I don't understand your sarcasm?

Sent from phone

It is some thick stuff. But I love it I tow heavy every day. And lots of guys complain about it being hard shifting for the first couple miles on a cold day. But it's not that bad. Fill it from the shift tower and add a extra quart helps. The chatter will never go away good ol g56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk