manual to auto question

Smokin Flatbed

How do I wire the converter and the overdrive. Ive searched but couldnt find nothin. I heard you power one and ground the other two. Which ones are the question..

Thanks
Scooter

Center wire is 5 volt power lead.
Front wire is ground wire for overdrive, simply ground the wire and it fires up the solenoid and shifts into overdrive
Rear wire is ground wire for torque converter lockup, simply ground the wire and it fires up the solenoid and locks the torque converter.

Side note: The stock valvebody on 47rh and 47re transmissions will not lock the torque converter in 1st gear, even if you fire up the TQ lock solenoid. I believe the valvebody does not feed hydraulic line pressure to the torque converter lock-up circuit till 2nd gear. The reason I say this is some guys will tell you to be careful to not hit the lockup switch when you're at a stop light since it will stall the motor, just like stopping in a manual transmission vehicle without disengaging the clutch. In my limited experience with lock-up switches, this is not true. As long as the tranny downshifts to 1st gear, the TQ unlocks, even if the switch is commanding lockup.

Back