Manual to auto swap questions

cumminsrulez

No you didn't read it wrong. I'm actually taking the old 5spd out. I got a killer deal ok everything to swap my truck over for 475 bucks. But i got a few questions. I'm wanting this auto causei know it'll handle power reliably and be much faster than me shifting lol. But it will be getting a full manual vb and a cheetah shifter.

First off. I know the trannys aren't the same length, but I've found a few writeups where guys did an auto to manual conversion without modifying one changing the drive line. Is that ok? And will the splines on my drive line fit into the auto output?

Second. I'm getting a tv cable with the deal, but will i need it with the full manual vb? I've heard of people wiring the tv lever shut and then it just keeps maximum pressure all the time.

And third. I'm planning on a billet input from tcs. Along with there servo, strut and anchor package. Also upgrading the clutch packs.

Am i missing anything? Any help would be appreciated. I've searched all over for into regarding a full manual valve body and also swapping to an auto. And haven't found much. Thanks guys

Sent from the Chodster

Yes you will need to do the tv cable. If you go racing tie it All the way back. You will need to shorten the drive shaft, and also grab a tripple disk converter.

Ok. Ya i was thinking about it and the tv cable shouldn't be hard to hook up. But the splines on the drive shaft will fit in the auto. And the guy says it has a triple disk, but im going to get it checked out before i use it

Sent from the Chodster

Transfer case input shaft is different, so you need to swap that or get one from auto truck. drive shaft splines are the same

with FMVB you don't need a TV cable, just tie it up an 1/8" from full to keep from hanging shifts. Thats the way mine is on my daily driver. i definitely advise at least a billet input as a minimum

Ya I'm planing a billet input. And i guess i can try wiring it up. Worst i have to do is install the tv cable

Sent from the Chodster