Manual Trans Conversion DTC'S

Nighthawk

Hi Everyone,

The 47re let go early this summer so being a 3 pedal guy i swapped in nv4500. Truck runs awesome thanks to Mr. Wagner with the manual recovery tune for the ECM.

However, I still have a check engine light post recovery file flash. The DTC's are P1693, P0753 and P1763. Bob is/has been very helpful but wanted to post on here to get some feedback from fellow conversion folks.

The codes are all pcm related (or so i think) but would have thought the recovery manual file would make the pcm not care about the missing 47re.

Any thoughts on getting this sorted so the darn light knly comes on when there is a real issue?

Thank you !

You need a pcm from a manual, preferably with ALL of your options. There were a large number of flashes...

And the smarty doesnt touch the PCM, just the ECM.

No, pcms are LOCKED when they are flashed. There is no way for the dealer to wipe them and then reflash.

I not sure if this is a simple questions/answer, but can i use any (meaning used) manual pcm from same year or do I need to buy new/refurbished? I ask because every new/refurbished requests vin & mileage information so assume this information is stored in the pcm?

Simple answer, yes it can. Your vin will show it is an auto however if you wanted to explore that route. Mileage is stored by the cluster.

Simple answer, yes it can. Your vin will show it is an auto however if you wanted to explore that route. Mileage is stored by the cluster.

The auto vin issue was already kinda talked thru when i reached out to a PCM builder, they said that vin was just for making sure it plays well with everything and they would not flash based on tbe vin.

Just to clarify, if i bought an 01 manual pcm thru a used online purchase (auto recycler) would there be any issues with ecm/pcm communication becuase of the difference in vins?

Would hate to drop $$ on a used part to only have to spend more $$ on another refurbished unit.

Thanks.

Yes there can be. There are different options based on high or low line ctms, mainly anti-theft.