manual valvebody questions?

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
Does anybody on here have a manual valvebody in a 518 tranny? If so how well do u like it does it work good for say sled pulling? Is there any advantages to it or is it a waste of money?

also im thinking a bout getting a spec rite conveter and better clutches and steels and the manual valve body is tht a good recipe for say 500 to 600 horse?

Spec-Rite are awesome converters, go with the steel stator which will be the best thing for a non-loockup trans. I see your going to be p-pumping, how much HP are you looking for and what size turbo and how much timing, these are things to take into consideration when choosing stall speed.

I say go with the manual valve body, my brother has one now with his 47re in his 1st gen, when he ran the 518 he had an auto valve body but was going to upgrade to manual then decided to just go with a lockup unit.

Also get a steel front planetary for the 518 and deffinetly a billet input shaft and output, and most likely you will also be needing a 29 spline np205.

Ok were can I get billet shafts for a 518 an also I kinda wanna keep it on a budget around 2 grand I wanna eventually get to 8 or 9 horse but by next pulling season I would say 5 to 600 horse timing I'm not sure yet kinda still in the planning stages