Marine pump

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
I have an opportunity to pick up a Marine P7100 thats been worked a little bit supposivly.

On my '95 5speed non Cali truck, will I benefit? What is the difference between the Marine p7100 and the truck's of all years?

The pump guys will prob want more info than "marine pump"

What's been done to your pump? You can push more fuel than your stock turbo will burn with a stock 160 pump...

I dont know any more then that. I have asked for numbers off the pump and waiting for a responce on that now.

My settings are a custom ground plate by me, like a 100 profile, but not as aggressive on the bottom end, slide all the way forward, gutted AFC, and timed about 17* I think a '95 5speed is a 180 pump? Darn thing dont smoke much at all. Which makes me happy.
I am coming from the VE world so the p-pump thing is new to me. I am still learning.

My ultimate goal is a badd a$$ tow rig, I can still take to the pulls once in a while. 500 HP maybe?? I dont know, I like BIG torque numbers, I will probably be happy with just over 1000 lbft. And I would like a pump that can get me there.
I was thinking maybe the Marine pump, being as the marine engines are rated 370 right?
Plus I think my 180 is dying.
Thanks for the help

You've got a 175 pump, and it will definitely get you to 500

Why do you think it's dieing?

that ve pump will easily get you to the desired 500 hp. why do you think you need to get a different one?

yeah your right. i missed that lil detail. i was looking at the pic he has and that emblem is off of a gen 1 with the VE pump

X2, you should be able to hit 500, just get you a turbo and some sticks and do some tuning, and you'd have a nice tow rig.. and of course a good clutch lol

its up to you. but im pretty sure you can get 500 hp out of the 175 pump with out a problem and not having to worry about over working the pump. just a nice plate and a good set of sticks and you should get there with the help of a turbo.

its up to you. but im pretty sure you can get 500 hp out of the 175 pump with out a problem and not having to worry about over working the pump. just a nice plate and a good set of sticks and you should get there with the help of a turbo.

x2

A 175 pump without being benched can do 425-450cc's...which is way more than needed for 500hp.

OK, I kinda figured it would. Just didnt know how happy it would be doing it. Thanks for all the help guys.