Marine/ Stationary Water-Jacketed Exhaust Manifold?

Begle1

Are there water jacketed exhaust manifolds available for either 24 valves or 12 valves?

counter productive for performance applications - consider the energy transfer from the exhaust to the turbine wheel

counter productive for performance applications - consider the energy transfer from the exhaust to the turbine wheel

What if you were already seeing 1800*+ temps? Wouldnt cooling it a few hundred degrees help? Though, I imagine you would need one heck of a water tank to recirculate the water it heated up... its alittle hotter than a water-air IC. LOL

I suppose the application should be revealed, but I would wholeheartedly consider my tuning @ those temps

$2000's pretty hefty... Maybe not too bad if they flow really well and are immune to cracking, which I kinda doubt. Anybody ever see any up close?

I was mentally rehashing the "superheated/ pressurized water injection into the turbine" concept in the shower. First shower idea was to replace the muffler with a heat exchanger, second shower idea was to use a marine exhaust manifold.

eBay has a guy selling them for $1000.

"Part numbers 3922123, 4019951, 4020065."

I wonder if those are genuine Cummins parts or some aftermarket like Osco or Barr (although according to their respective catalogs they don't do Cummins).

Last edited:
the manifolds have a different turbo mounting flange. as far as I know its specific to the water cooled manifold. the marine C engine came with a water cooled hx40 so maybe if you got ahold of one of those housings you could do something, otherwise I dont know how you would use one.
Im trying to find a pic

If it's an open manifold, with the water jackets open to the mounting flange so as water could flow from the manifold to the turbo housing, I would think that the problem could be solved with a blank copper seal and some luck?

What if you were already seeing 1800*+ temps? Wouldnt cooling it a few hundred degrees help? Though, I imagine you would need one heck of a water tank to recirculate the water it heated up... its alittle hotter than a water-air IC. LOL

It would help from melting turbine wheels but it wouldn't do anything to help the internal cylinder temperatures and therefore the pistons would still melt just as often.

It would help from melting turbine wheels but it wouldn't do anything to help the internal cylinder temperatures and therefore the pistons would still melt just as often.

True, but I've heard of guys hitting those temps, was just throwing my $.02 out there. I never plan on getting that hot.

Back