Mating a 6.7 to a turbo-400 or lenco

MCForstenRacing

1/4 miles
Anyone out there done this?? We are still deciding what trans to run in our prostreet truck and we have an opportunity to purchase for a great deal either one of these transmissions. What about adapter plates? Anything to watch out for??

talk to Brag @ G&J, the lenco/bruno he is running and the power glide in the old school chevy work great

they had adapter plates made for a duramax to them so it cant be that much harder for a cummins

didn't the guy with the black sq. body chevy that bean has now run a 400??

4bt came with a steel th400 adapter.. It would be a good start on getting close..

Ill check with my guy on what lenco it is. He did say and I hope I am repeating this correctly we would need to purchase the forward drive for it as he sold his the lenco is completely titanium. We also talked about calling Cohen and seeing if they could make one of our converters work with their th400's, thoughts?

If you are interested in using a TH400, get a hold of Ryan Tucker here, he ran an Art Carr convertor.

Ill check with my guy on what lenco it is. He did say and I hope I am repeating this correctly we would need to purchase the forward drive for it as he sold his the lenco is completely titanium. We also talked about calling Cohen and seeing if they could make one of our converters work with their th400's, thoughts?

We talked to Coan at PRI and they just laughed at the thought of building us a converter, lol.

A built 400 will hold the power fine, the convertor is always the tricky part. Michael ran the converter dept. at Art Carr and built all my units. When they closed up shop Michael has now went off to do his own thing now owning Freak Show Performance in Abiline Tx. Give him a call and tell him Ryan Tucker sent you, he will take good care of you. If you need a 400 built with the right parts to hold the power, give Trans Pro in Terrell Tx. a call and ask for Jay Moore, he's the owner and always built my units.

Tucker

We talked to Coan at PRI and they just laughed at the thought of building us a converter, lol.

Most do, when you give them the hard numbers and spec's. A converter needs to be built to Pro Mod style power capabilitys not for thier thinging of high rpm power but we match or out do them in the way it needs to grab our crazy low rpm monstor torque curve. You think you got it bad tring to get it done in a huge 13" diesel size cover, try getting it done in a 10.5" piece to fit inside a powerglide bellhousing. The whole reason I ended up with the TH400 is to be able to fit a 13" A545 style unit to get the big ass stator needed

Last edited:
Anyone out there done this?? We are still deciding what trans to run in our prostreet truck and we have an opportunity to purchase for a great deal either one of these transmissions. What about adapter plates? Anything to watch out for??

Got enough gear to run a 1:1 final in the trans?

Thank you guys for your input I really appreciate it.

Mr. Tucker thank you for the contacts ill give them a ring tomorrow.

Blacks diesel I have heard the same they aren't to interested in doing anything.

Jqmile- I hope so ha. All things to figure out

Tmoney the thought was to run lockup, what are your thoughts?

We are running a 9 inch with 40 spline moser axles and if I am remembering correctly Chris (our chassis guy) told us a 330 gear was the highest pro gear available. I hope this is correct.