Maxspool vs. Hamilton rods and springs

Carter2409

I'm looking into getting a set of rods and springs but can't decide on what to get. I've hear that max spool is better and I've heard that Hamilton is better. I've heard than maxspool has been around longer than Hamilton and makes a better product. Also that Hamilton has better advertising and cheerleaders that's why everyone hears and ultimately buys Hamilton stuff.

Thanks for the input Chase

I think there both a good product, which one can you get the
best deal from.

Honestly I have owned both. The push rods I could go either way with on performance. The springs on the other hand are a no brainer for me the Hamiltons are what they say they are and IMO a better piece. The Hamilton service is what sells it for most people.

Take it for what its worth.

Depends on whose cam your running. They tailor the springs for them. I will be running maxspool cause of the reasons you said and i know of an engine shifting at 6k rpm with a cast maxspool. Thats all the reason i need. And he hasn't had an issue yet.

Personally I think Hamilton has the better cams, I don't know about springs or pushrods. I ordered a set of their HD pushrods with my 181/210. Don't have any complaints about them at all, if the put any kind of R&D into their pushrods and springs like they do with their cams then they have to be an outstanding product as well.

depends on whose cam your running. They tailor the springs for them. I will be running maxspool cause of the reasons you said and i know of an engine shifting at 6k rpm with a cast maxspool. Thats all the reason i need. And he hasn't had an issue yet.

:hehe: :hehe:

Hey pipe down you bunch of cheerleaders! Its all marketing I tell you...

There are numerous tech articles that have been done on this kind of thing before. Some people like Gregs stuff and some people like our stuff. I think we have a really good product and I think Greg would probably say the same, if I may speak for him. I hope you won't mind if I leave it at that. Besides anything I say will be taken by some as a "biased opinion". The only thing I can say is look to people that have seen both parts side by side, or better yet, ask Greg for a sample and I will send you a sample and let you judge for yourself.

There are numerous tech articles that have been done on this kind of thing before. Some people like Gregs stuff and some people like our stuff. I think we have a really good product and I think Greg would probably say the same, if I may speak for him. I hope you won't mind if I leave it at that. Besides anything I say will be taken by some as a "biased opinion". The only thing I can say is look to people that have seen both parts side by side, or better yet, ask Greg for a sample and I will send you a sample and let you judge for yourself.

:clap: well said!!!

I have had both companies push rods in hand and went with the Hamilton they just seemed to be a better product . I also have Hamiltons springs but never had the maxspool springs only 60 lb ones from hasiley . I personally don't think you would be going wrong with either company. But I however have had such great service from Zach that I will be using him for any future purchases . It seems to me good customer service is very hard to come by so call and talk to each company and see who you feel most comfortable with and go for it .