Maxspool vs. Hamilton rods and springs

My maxspool cam, pushrods,and duel spring with ti retainers have over 300 passes with no problems yet.
I ran the same cam in my prostreet truck for 3 years and now its all in the mustang.
Leaving the line at 60 psi pushing 130 psi down track and turning 5000 + rpm.

Last edited:
Ask around Hamilton products are used by some of the biggest name in diesel motorsports ...

How can you tell which push rod or spring is better by holding it in your hand? Did you weigh the two, compare diameter and material properties?

I have tried neither product but question how one could decide which product is better by holding it.....

How can you tell which push rod or spring is better by holding it in your hand? Did you weigh the two, compare diameter and material properties?

I have tried neither product but question how one could decide which product is better by holding it.....

well the spring you couldnt tell. but a pushrod you could by holding it in your hand and by looking at it comparing them. :rockwoot:

Haven't dealt with Greg's product yet. The Hamilton pushrods were very heavy compared to stock. Fit and finish excellent. Don't think a sledge hammer could cause them to deflect. Weight was a concern in high rpm valve train stability.

Haven't dealt with Greg's product yet. The Hamilton pushrods were very heavy compared to stock. Fit and finish excellent. Don't think a sledge hammer could cause them to deflect. Weight was a concern in high rpm valve train stability.

Ding ding we have a winner!

Last edited:
Greg's a douche, he could have the better product then Hamilton, but Id never give him money b/c of the way he conducts himself.

Depends on whose cam your running. They tailor the springs for them. I will be running maxspool cause of the reasons you said and i know of an engine shifting at 6k rpm with a cast maxspool. Thats all the reason i need. And he hasn't had an issue yet.

i think you might want to put a new tach on that engine!

Thanks rich. Guess its that time of the season again. Get any more track time in down there? And when you coming back up to waffle house ;)

Pretty foolish statement.
No not really, its my money and I can go with it where I feel is the better choice is for me. With that, Greg conducts himself extremely poorly on here and I chose not to support him. $.02

And beside with my hammy 180/210, I can free rev to 8000rpm and shift at 7300prm, all while making 2600ft lbs at 1600rpm all the way through 6500rpm, thats with a stock 6bt tweeked with my "Program" :evil:st: :kick:

Last edited:
Why why why? We are stating facts here and why the hell do you have to go saying that foolish statement. For guys running higher rpm its like maxspool is the way to go. Just like Adam said Hamilton parts might look beefier and feel beefier what will happen at higher rpm where mass becomes an issue? I would actually like Zach to chime in on it cause I haven't heard of anyone running way fast or with a ton of power with his products. Maybe there is I'm just not aware of it. Greg has his moments but his products are in trucks making it happen every weekend at the track and pulls.

I know heavier is not better but the pushrod is one place where you have to give on that mentality. You have to open the valves without bending, this means a more stout pushrod......period.

The statement above came from a valve train company, if weight on the pushrod side really had a negative result, why are top fuel engines running solid push rods.