maybe a dumb question?

B.M.F Racing.

i was reading in dieselpower mag tonight, read a write up on dmitri millards 01 d-max. i saw that he uses cooler for his 'fuel' kind of like a derale tranny/oil cooler. i got to thinking this would be a good idea for some vp44 guys out there being as the vp44 is cooled and lubercated by the fuel, in my old mustang i had a fuel sell in the trunk that had an wall built around it about 3 inches on each side and i would put ice in there to cool the fuel, my question is would this be a good idea for diesel? just an idea floating around in my head before i put my fuel cell in and run all my lines :rockwoot:

I think most duramaxs have a fuel cooler stock returning back into the tank becuase of high cr pressures.

It wouldn't hurt anything, just not a huge benefit. PSG's are pretty tough. The pump failures are from cavitation not over heated fuel.

It wouldn't hurt anything, just not a huge benefit. PSG's are pretty tough. The pump failures are from cavitation not over heated fuel.

this is true, but also adding a programmer to speed up injetion cycle causes the pump to get hot. im not saying that by adding a cooler the notorious vp44 will live forever. maybe cooling the fuel dow 30-40 degrees may help.

an easier solution for a street truck might be to keep them above a half tank....

Travis ill send you a picture of the cooler we run. Ice box on the return side cooling fuel good idea my friend.