Maybe my next vp44

I like mine. Def runs harder than it did with SO pump. If you have big injectors it will lope pretty good when it's cold. I would tell Chip about what injectors you plan on running and ask him if he recommends the X pump.

yeah the price isnt really the cheapest deal around on the x pump but i would spend a little extra just to keep the truck reliable cuz i dont have another truck for spare yet.

I have a pump from midwest on mine. They are good pumps. Thats what we install at work and we rarely have warranty issues. They also offer a performance pump for like $500 more.

Mike

thoroughbreddiesel also has cheap vp's. put one on and haven't had problems so far. From what i've heard, the money spent on hotrod's or "x" pumps would be better spent elsewhere. just my 2 cents

yes a tapped hotrod will net the same power as a tapped sovp so save your money buy a good sovp

well i thought the x pump is similar to so pump just with upgrades and a little more get go in it but with same guality....im not looking to get more power or anything i just thought it sounded like good vp's whether being the so or x pumps

I'm running the Special-X from Chip and have for about 3 years. I get plenty of fuel without a lick of issues.
It was pretty pricey but i'm very happy with it.
They come with 1 year warranty & new computer on top. I replaced 2 VP's before i had 70k miles. Put Chips on and never looked back. JMO!

have you every dynod a truck with a sovp drag comp and dynoed the same truck with a hotrod drag comp you net the same power a drag comp on a hotrod only gains you about 30hp over what the hotrod could do buy itself

Thats not true. Peak power maybe but the X pump def has a fatter curve. How many of you have actually ran one?

where did i say i was refering to the x pump i was saying dont waste the money on a hotrod i have never had a x pump or messed with a truck that had

where did i say i was refering to the x pump i was saying dont waste the money on a hotrod i have never had a x pump or messed with a truck that had

Then why the initial response above? The thread subject matter is the X pump not a HRVP

Wheres the dyno sheet of a "fatter curve"? I'd like to see it over an SO pump.

All SOP but it did pick up 4mph on the strip 112 vs 108. There is a dyno event next weekend not sure if I'll have time to go or not. The down side of this pump from my experience is it get's lopy with big injectors mach 6s in my case, when its cold out. Seems like it has a little miss.

All SOP but it did pick up 4mph on the strip 112 vs 108. There is a dyno event next weekend not sure if I'll have time to go or not. The down side of this pump from my experience is it get's lopy with big injectors mach 6s in my case, when its cold out. Seems like it has a little miss.

Was your old pump tired?

I don't think so. It ran very well right up to the day it died. Truck only has 49k miles

Last edited: