MBRP duals

Jonas

Has anyone started running an MBRP from the DPF back? I see they're making muffler delete from the DPF back. Any down falls or problems?
Thanks
J

What I dont' get is that MBRP's Ford kit has cooling vents? That would help with the dodge too. So there is no reason to buy a 4 in kit because your stock pipe is 4 in. I just took my muffler out. But I cant' keep a chrome tip, chrome. I've had 3 and they are all yellow.

Curtrwall
You notice any difference in the noise in cab? What about outside.
Off topic I was looking at the AFE also. I see that there's a dry filter and an oiled filter. I see the dry catches 99.4%. I'm not sure about the oiled one though. I take it most people are running the oiled? Any advice on the off topic
Jonas

Must be from regen mine doesnt have a problem staying crome other than all the black soot on it.

Any inputs on changes in the sound in and out of the cab?
Jonas

Did you have your pyro installed at the time of deletion, and if so did you notice any difference in temp after you deleted the muffler? Just wondering how much of a difference the muffler makes.
Thanks
J

No I didn't have the pyro in yet. Had the muffler cut off about the second day I had the truck. If you haven't seen the muffler it is straight threw. I don't see how it can make any difference at all.

rowdy
Not trying to sound like a prick here, but why delete the muffler than? If there's no obvious drop in EGT or noise gains why do it? Learn me somethin
Jonas

The muffler shop I use here had never done one. I had never heard or seen one. So the shop made me a deal and he cut it off. If I hadn't have cut it off I would not have been able to tell you it makes no diff. I have never been the first to do much of anything but, in Lubbock I'm pretty sure I was the first to cut the muffler off a 6.7.

x2 on that it makes no diff the muffler is straight thru, you might think it does but its in your head.

The muffler doesnt' make a bit of difference. Temp, Sound, Backpressure... nothing. They may as welll have left it out from the factory.

Thanks for the info. Definately not spending the money on the MBRP set up then. Maybe some day they'll make a full set up.
Jonas

Jonas said:
I think I want to wait until a 5" is ready also.

5" DPF back for the Dodge and Duramax are both ready to go. DPF deletes are a little ways off yet.....we're being very careful with these so there'll be no problems with trucks once they're installed.

I am not sure but the mbrp kit comes bolt on and then later when they have the dpf delete and stuff they will make a kit to bolt to the other kit.