Me vs. WRX STI

Buck88

Simple Man
Today I got a good race. This guy cuts me off on the interstate in a WRX STI. I end up at a red light head to head with him. I wasn't really planning on a race, but when the light turned green and he started to pull on me I decided to hit it. Locked the converter in 2nd and ran him from about 15-80mph. He was all throttle, but I locked on his rear bumper all the way. When we hit the next red light, he was all stoked about my truck. I couldn't really hear him, but he was complimenting my truck for giving him a run.

I know those cars are pretty quick, but is it reasonable for my truck with my mods to run just about neck and neck with one? Or was it just driver error on his part? I must say though, I was pretty excited after that happened.

Where did the racing happen? I know the area generally well if you are speaking of temecula-ish...

when you took off from the light the first time was it in 2wd or had you put it in 4wd for a boosted launch?

them STIs are quick cars stock... modified is another story... can be easy or can be hell on our trucks, depending on what all they got done-

You know Temecula? Thats the first time thats ever happened to me.

Anyways, it was 2wd. If i'd have launched in 4wd, I would've spanked him as I don't think he or I knew we were gonna race until it happened.

ehhh really depends. they are quick cars. your 4wd launch vs him depends on what all he has done... what have you dynoed in the past?

not saying you didnt have a chance killing him outright in 4wd... ive just seen some quick ones of them in our day... granted ive seen plenty more fast diesel pickups :D

No dyno numbers yet, but i'd guess i'm in the 400's. No doubt they are quick, he was all stock though. I'm just trying to gauge if this was a close race or if he whiffed a shift or something.

I've run a few at the track stock they run mid to low 14s

Careful of racing on the streets!! Those damn cops will get ya!! Most of them are A$$ holes!!!!

LOL

Today I got a good race. This guy cuts me off on the interstate in a WRX STI. I end up at a red light head to head with him. I wasn't really planning on a race, but when the light turned green and he started to pull on me I decided to hit it. Locked the converter in 2nd and ran him from about 15-80mph. He was all throttle, but I locked on his rear bumper all the way. When we hit the next red light, he was all stoked about my truck. I couldn't really hear him, but he was complimenting my truck for giving him a run.

I know those cars are pretty quick, but is it reasonable for my truck with my mods to run just about neck and neck with one? Or was it just driver error on his part? I must say though, I was pretty excited after that happened.

your truck with just the 370's and a 3kgsk kit, a plate and a tranny that holds will take one of those from 0-120 atleast my brother has, but he has a reg cab long bed. so with your pdr hx40 and the fact that your truck is a 98 i would say your truck should be able to keep up easily, and pass him if it was a full 1/4 mile race.

Careful of racing on the streets!! Those damn cops will get ya!! Most of them are A$$ holes!!!!

LOL

I've only met a handful of cops that weren't a-holes. We need more like you, that are in it to get the real bad guys, not the guy that's going 5 (or 50) over the limit. LOL

Most. You woulda tried to race them and if you lost pulled them over:hehe:

He!! Yeah I woulda raced him!!!! Spanked that little a$$ too!!!!

:rockwoot:

Then cut him loose on a warning!!! LOL

I've only met a handful of cops that weren't a-holes. We need more like you, that are in it to get the real bad guys, not the guy that's going 5 (or 50) over the limit. LOL

Yeah, I try real hard NOT to be a HIPOcrit!!!! LOL

I love a straight heads up (SAFE) street race!!!!

I shouldn't print that kinda stuff huh?...lol.....Oh hell, Yall know I do!!!! LOL

lol, I guess I should watch it, especially since I'm in the hiring process!

Sometimes I just can't resist. I've passed up a couple races, and I live in Commifornia so I need to watch the coal exhibitions.

We kept it safe though, thats why I let off at 80. LOL.

From what I've read in the mags the new ones (stock) can do a 13.6 1/4 which is the same as what my truck can do at about 500HP.

From what I've read in the mags the new ones (stock) can do a 13.6 1/4 which is the same as what my truck can do at about 500HP.

with a professional driver :doh: with the average joe behind the wheel they're not TOO quick

500hp? i've seen 13.00 done at 99 mph with a reg cab long bed 4x4 auto 12v with 450hp so 3rd gens must weigh alot more or something.

500hp? i've seen 13.00 done at 99 mph with a reg cab long bed 4x4 auto 12v with 450hp so 3rd gens must weigh alot more or something.

exactly, they do. Just looking at a 3rd gen and a 2nd gen side by side, its easy to see how bulkier the 3rd gen is.

Better watch the racin in Temecula, the cops have nothing better to do.
Where are you Cal guys from, I don't here much from SoCal in the diesel forums?

Better watch the racin in Temecula, the cops have nothing better to do.
Where are you Cal guys from, I don't here much from SoCal in the diesel forums?

Trust me I know, I got run down for not having mud flaps. I mean this cop chased me the **** down. Well, maybe my exhaust had a little to do with it.