Mechanical fuel pump comparison/opinions/feedback.....?

Katoom

I have been looking at the possibility of converting over to a Fuel Boss but knowing that I cant use a Fluidampr with that pump is a problem. DTT Assassin is the same overall design with more bling, and I "think" you can run different harmonic dampers, but I've just read too many negative threads about that pump. And Mitusa is supposed to be a quality pump, which I know very little about, but where do you even get one? Is Opie still making them?

So I was looking for any knowledge or feedback about those three pumps and running aftermarket harmonic dampers along with them. Thanks guys. :)

I had a DTT on my ppump 24v that I daily and sled pulled with. Love the mechanical route, when you hit the skinny pedal the gauge goes up not down like with an electrical lift pump. Pretty reliable, just keep belt in stock and you'll be fine.

I also run a dtt assassin on my puller with a competition fluid dampner. I had to have a 1" spacer block made and get longer belts as the comp dampner is much larger then stock. But if running stock. Zero clearness issues.. never missed a best in keeping fuel pressure up..

So nobody runs the Mitusa? Not that I have a preference but just curious.

I think they're just hard to get, especially when the competitions product is easy to get.

I only ask because of the number of threads regarding issue with DTT Assassin. I know bad news travels much faster so I'm glad to hear positive news from you guys.

What about a waterman on the street? Has anyone tried it? Also what kind of pressure are people seeing from the DTT stuff

I think for the street an old Detroit supply pump would be the answer. Cheap and reliable. No point in custom pumps for that app.

I've only put around 5000 miles on mine but I've run a Waterman on the street for almost 2 years. I don't really see why people make a big deal about it. It move a ton of fuel though. So you'll need to run all new fuel lines for it.

I've only put around 5000 miles on mine but I've run a Waterman on the street for almost 2 years. I don't really see why people make a big deal about it. It move a ton of fuel though. So you'll need to run all new fuel lines for it.

Do you have to run -12? I have a pile of -10 eaton stuff. Would hate to be stuck with it. Also does you truck have a cell? I was curious how well it pulled fuel from that far away

Hey, I'm all ears for anyone who can add to the list of pumps I mentioned. Lets hear more about the old Detroit supply pump, and I'd like to know more about the Waterman as I thought this was more geared towards off-highway performance applications.

Of this nature.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETROIT-DIESEL-371-FUEL-PUMP-471-FUEL-PUMP-671-FUEL-PUMP-RIGHT-HAND-5199561-/261159032942?hash=item3cce4a986e:g:Qr8AAMXQ0pNQ~apu&vxp=mtr

A small gear pump, built for diesel fuel, and designed to last a million miles. The old 2 strokes all used them. They made them in different sizes . Internal relief valve dumps back to the inlet of the pump at 65-75 psi.
image_zpshpxxkbcr.jpg

Anyone have pics of your belt driven setups? What dampners can you use with pulley setup?

Do you have to worry about cooling? Oil seal on shaft I'd say there's no oil in the pump. 135 bones be hard to beat if it moved enough volume

Back