Mechanical Mega

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Makes me want to sell a few of my trucks!!
12-valve-mega-cab.jpg

If it had the back section of a pre 98qc, id be more inclined to agree. That's more of a crew cab than anything.

Saw a similar truck here in utah but it was black and a 24 valve. Cool trucks!

This is nice 2'nd gen crew cab , but so far I have only seen one real 2'nd gen mega

And I want to build something similar of my 99 ....., home made mecacab, lowered 4wd ...... 12v .....short bed .......

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
That looks like it. Also looks like that picture was taken in Saratoga springs.

People doing these conversions themselves? Or is a company putting their name on that

Corporate job. One of the first was Bayer in MN, they apparently don't do that anymore and don't have any parts (doors do rust out).

There is another one called Custom Conversions in Cleburne TX. I found all kinds of references to the business but I didn'e see a website.

Recently there was one being parted out nearby but it had rusty doors and no rockers. I have a rust free CA extended cab and I'd like to have a crew but I could almost buy a 3rd gen for what a conversion on mine would cost.

I'm curious how far that rear window goes down, some conversions have the back door wind short with a little "oprea" type window behind it do the window can go all the way down and miss the latch/handle.

Damn that black truck is beautiful! I'd love to have that!

White one is sweet too. I thought about picking one up this summer in northeast Wyoming that was for sale, crew/short 12v, but that SOB was ROUGH, don't think there was a single straight panel on the thing:doh:

I love my 83 crew cab long bed, but I need the long bed for work/towing. Not fun to park, but looks cool!

For some reason, I like this look better than the crew cab. Maybe because it looks close to factory?
After having a crew cab 2nd gen, this is a truck they should have made. They lost out on so much business in the 90s not having a crew cab.

There is THIS one on ebay right now.

Last edited:
this is nice 2'nd gen crew cab , but so far i have only seen one real 2'nd gen mega

and i want to build something similar of my 99 ....., home made mecacab, lowered 4wd ...... 12v .....short bed .......

attachment.php

Boing!!! :hump:

This is nice 2'nd gen crew cab , but so far I have only seen one real 2'nd gen mega

And I want to build something similar of my 99 ....., home made mecacab, lowered 4wd ...... 12v .....short bed .......

attachment.php

That is a sweet looking truck.

There is another one called Custom Conversions in Cleburne TX. I found all kinds of references to the business but I didn'e see a website.

Cleburne, TX ??

That's my home town and i've never heard of them. Maybe I should look into it as I now live about 10 miles away. :)

Back