Mega cab and 5th wheel??

Blackdog

Hillbilly Deluxe
I am just curious who is pulling a 5th wheel with their mega cab and what hitch your using?

I converted my 5th wheel to a GN, all of my other trailers are GN and I did not want to have to put the hitch in/out all the time, although, I believe B&W does make a hitch that can do GN also if you have them.

As far as a slider, I have never had a need for one, as long as you pay attention to where your trailer is, you will not have any cab interference. My GN horse trailer with LQ has a full nose, it at 90*s gets close to the cab, but again, if you are paying attention it is not a problem. You can get an aftermarket bolt on front piece for you 5th wheel that extends the trailer back about 2 ft, that is a much less expensive proposition as compared to the slider hitches. Your front piece just bolts up anyway, so you are really not making much of a change anyway by going to a longer piece.

CD

the sliders are just really nice... if you're doing a 5th wheel in a short bed, that's what I would be looking hard at if you don't pull goosenecks all the time

I'm sure I would need a slider for a Mega cab but was curious what others were using due to the cost of a slider being mild to wild. I do also have GN trailers but they are 5th wheel ready.

Personally, if you are pulling a 5th wheel and using a short bed truck I wouldnt use anything other than a Pullrite Super glide. A little more expensive, but worth every penny. I have used many diffrent hitches and they are the best by far. Never Ever can you hit the cab of your truck, and believe me, just when you are in the biggest bind is when you will be happiest you have it. Get yourself in a tight spot in a campground late at night and see how well keeping your eye on your trailer goes, or you just need that extra 4 inches to get into that spot, check out the video on their website

Personally, if you are pulling a 5th wheel and using a short bed truck I wouldnt use anything other than a Pullrite Super glide. A little more expensive, but worth every penny. I have used many diffrent hitches and they are the best by far. Never Ever can you hit the cab of your truck, and believe me, just when you are in the biggest bind is when you will be happiest you have it. Get yourself in a tight spot in a campground late at night and see how well keeping your eye on your trailer goes, or you just need that extra 4 inches to get into that spot, check out the video on their website

I have the B&W Companion in my short bed and pull a 5er and have no trouble with cab interference. But it all depends on the trailer you are pulling. Some kingpin boxes are tucked up under the nose farther than others.