melted #4 pics!

BUICKpowerSIX

Got the pics, luckly my buds dad was able to get some shots before the engine was tore down.

Attachments

• BurntPiston1.jpg
    BurntPiston1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 93
  • BurntPiston2.jpg
    BurntPiston2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 121
  • BurntPiston3.jpg
    BurntPiston3.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 80
  • BurntPiston4.jpg
    BurntPiston4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 83
  • LeakyGasket.jpg
    LeakyGasket.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 76
  • NoMotor1.jpg
    NoMotor1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 98
yeah it does. Richard (truck owner) is a die hard ford fan. first thing he said when he found out the news "shoulda bought a dodge".:kick:

Any one have any idea what the heck went wrong here?

Sorry to see that happen. I love my Dodge but, don't think they can't have their own problems.... this is my #4. It's a toss up between too much drive pressure, too much timing, too many egt's and definitely too heavy a foot !:doh:

piston.jpg
piston2.jpg
piston3.jpg

Sorry to see that happen. I love my Dodge but, don't think they can't have their own problems.... this is my #4. It's a toss up between too much drive pressure, too much timing, too many egt's and definitely too heavy a foot !:doh:

piston.jpg
piston2.jpg
piston3.jpg

the melted Dodge piston takes the cake on this one.

nice camera by the way

Man... too much something that's for sure... lucky it didn't set the oil on fire and bbq the whole truck! I'm sure it smoked a bit when that happened. lol

So any good ford techs or diesel wizards/crank droppers be able to point us in the direction of what went wrong?

Not to sound like a dick but everyone seems to know everything but no one can tell me what they think? I am not a diesel mechanic but I think the injector leaked wich = too much fuel too high temps. Come on now everyone has the answer where are ya now?!

P.S. Im drunk but still.........

My truck

Im finally on Comp D. Thats my truck pictured. Isn't she a beauty...:badidea:

Not to sound like a dick but everyone seems to know everything but no one can tell me what they think? I am not a diesel mechanic but I think the injector leaked wich = too much fuel too high temps. Come on now everyone has the answer where are ya now?!

P.S. Im drunk but still.........

I'm no expert and don't know a lot of Fords but, I doubt anyone would be able to tell you how it happen. There are so many variable, it could be any one of them or none.

I don't know that a injectors leaking down would cause that. Obviously, there was too much heat that could have came from timing, drive pressure and who knows what else.

What was going on at the time this happen ?.. racing, towing, pulling, anything ?

Kleetus if you are talking about my truck.... yeah, you couldn't see the end of the track according to my wife. I had the track official totally freaked out. They were screaming and running around. The fire truck and ambulance came !! :hehe:

When I opened the hood, there was not one spot in the compartment that wasn't covered with oil. To this day I don't know where it all came from. I know I blew out the exhaust side of the turbo but, it did come from there. It didn't come out of the blow by and it didn't come out of the headgasket, It was still intact.

Needless to say, there was a huge oil spill at the end of the track. Luckily it wasn't on the track.

Sorry doods, I know this thread was about the Ford and I didn't mean to step on it. I thought it might help make that owner feel a little better though.... he's no alone !!