milling a cumbustion chamber in a 24v head?

DEEZELRAM114

SMOKIN' RAM!!
would this work? has anyone tryed? id b using a 24v head and milling a cumbustion chamber in the head? looking into this to drop compression with out buying pistons.

I would say it would make the valve seat to thin, and you don't need to buy new pistons you just get the tops of the pistons milled down .

I would say it would make the valve seat to thin, and you don't need to buy new pistons you just get the tops of the pistons milled down .

it really wouldnt make it thin, the valves would patrude a little. buy removing that much surface area you wouldnt have to mill much off to drop a few points. i can pull the head off and do this is a few hours, with out pulling the entire engine apart.

We have done it on a few 12 Valve Heads.. Call tomorrow and talk to Joe, he might have some insight on doing it to a 24V Head.
715-254-1833

or just run the thickest head gasket you can find....

that will drop compression a point or 2

hey deezel, i'm the other bum, nick @ the shop where travis works. your head looks awesome. i finished up the porting on it not to long ago & travis was just milling those chambers thursday. it looks friggin sweet. he shot a video of it machining & i'll try and get some pics on here.
we figure it will be max 2pts. of comp. cause we only went down .060.
we unshrouded the valves on a previous head & it makes a difference on the flowbench. who knows what making an actual chamber in the head will pickup.

also, we're only going down as far as the top cut above the seat.
or whatever the customer wants, as deezel has the first one done by us.

WTF are we talking about? Milling the entire head or just the actual cylinder chamber?

just the chamber holes. say like 4'' or 4.010" & leave enough room for o-rings if desired.

ya, we have just be unshrouding the valves, but now that the guy made up the cnc program for doing the chambers, it's just less time in the grinding rooms. plus it looks sweet. i get some pics monday hopefully.
by removing the material aroung the valves (chamber side) really helps the low lift #'s.

yes i have the video of the head but my droid wont let me post it it says illegal file or something. so if you could Nick take pictures. thanks ps when you doing yours? :)

edit- compression ratio is calculated to be about 14.75:1

Last edited:
pics should be on monday with porting & chamber pics. i've been debating doing compounds or getting a first gen & build that up a little. really would like another 1st gen so i'm not sure.
trying to get travis to get a stroker, because you know he bleeds blue.