Mishimotto Intercooler

JJeepyjohn

Make Me Fries
Any one here run a Mishimotto Intercooler on a 2nd gen? Pros-cons? Durability, reliability etc...

There are a bunch of guys over on the ecoboost forum that are running them in their f150 ecos. They seem to stop the heat soak from the turbos and run cooler.

FWIW, the plastic intercooler on my 05 blew apart at the tank. I bought a Mishmoto to replace it and I'm happy with it. Installation was a breeze and bolted up without any issues. I did have to adjust the hood latch to get my hood to latch shut. The thicker intercooler and my hood latch rod were interfering with each other. A two minute adjustment fixed the problem.

I picked one up last during their pre-sale. I'm running twins at around 80 psi and it seems to be holding up well. It's a pretty heavy piece that seems to be built really well. I got tired of replacing the stock one, I think I've popped four of them before I got this Mishimoto.

The only problem I've had with my radiator and inter-cooler from them was they got tore up in shipping. 90psi through it and it isn't leaking yet.

Yea, I've had one since they released it for the 2nd gens. 80psi plus and no issues. Fit is good and it seems to be of good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've run it since it came out, and it's a nice unit and is still holding up well, fit is pretty nice too, as far as power gains for the cost I don't know if it's worth it strictly for more power, dyno gains were around 20 horse and 40 ft lb I believe and intake temps were definitely cooler, atmospheric temps every time and no heat soaking, it also looks nice, I put my a/c condenser behind it in between the radiator and it looks very clean.

I was hot lapping mine in 80+ degree heat the other night at dirt drags and one side of the IC would literally burn your hand while you could hold your hand on the outlet side with no problem. That's not very technical but it impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 on shipping damage. I went through 3 rads, 3 Int coolers due to shipping. the cooler I just got in was packed up better than the 5 or so I received: nail:. After the 2nd cooler thru amazon I gave up on them and ordered right from misho. Told them the problem and the one they sent had extra padding and boxing and was only slightly bent on the mounting ears. several came in totally unusable from amazon.ups was dropping one off Monday, then picking it up come Wednesday so shipping was hard on them. If they pack them up like the last cooler they shouldn't have to many more problems. Other than that there heavy duty sexy azz hell , the rad I have on my 98 tow pig has kept the temps well both towing and plowing and running with the plow up where the stock one would start to overheat . :Cheer:

Does anyone know if the factory boots fit on the Mishimotto or do I have to get their piping kit as well?

Thanks Will. I need to be sure thou. Does anyone know the O.D. size of the inlet and outlet on the factory cooler?