missing when you turn ac on..

Contacted flex a lite and they said it is a current problem with 07 cummins. The electronic box on the fans is sending signals to the cps, and causes the engine to pop. The engineers are sending me a new trial box to try out, looks like I get to be the test dummy...... Woohoo

Last edited:
I would be interested in your results,I didn't use flex lite but two ebay fans as pushers to aid the AC at idle ,but I have the same symptoms . Where are you getting the signal to turn the fans on ? Where is the power source for the relays ?

I would be interested in your results,I didn't use flex lite but two ebay fans as pushers to aid the AC at idle ,but I have the same symptoms . Where are you getting the signal to turn the fans on ? Where is the power source for the relays ?

Here is how mine is wired: I have the 12v main power supply running to a 50 amp circuit breaker then connected to my secondary battery. Then in the electronic box on my fan I have a probe in my radiator wired in to the box, a 12v ignition source, and a a/c ignition source. The only thing the a/c wire does is triggers my fans to turn on when the a/c turns on. I have this wire unplugged right now so I can run my a/c without my fans making my truck act up. But it still acts up when truck gets up to temp and the fans turn on. But once they are up to speed everything runs fine. My fans have a variable box right now that starts them at 60% and gradually speeds up to 100%. the new box is going to start them out at full speed and they say it will solve the problem.

maybe run a seperate switch and manually turn the fans on when you turn on the ac? i thought that the whole reason why the flexalites where so good was because they had a varialbe speed driver?

Mine works very much like that ,the trigger for the fans is tapped at the AC clutch feed.I would like to switch to a temperature switch on the Ac line but ,it works and it cools well but I'm open to new ideas. My truck is non typical on the forum,it's a Fummins,05 F350 with 05 Cummins and 48re ,but I read the 03-07 forums to stay educated and help others from my experience if possible,not to flame posters as typical here.

maybe run a seperate switch and manually turn the fans on when you turn on the ac? i thought that the whole reason why the flexalites where so good was because they had a varialbe speed driver?

I figured wiring a manual switch would work to but it doesn't. The electronic box is sending bad signals to the Cps and wiring won't change that, only a new box will.