Modesto, California Pull

SmokinMax

A good friend of mine who is helping put the pull on told me about this. The Pull will be held on the Modesto Jr College(MJC) West Campus directly off highway 99 if if you take the Briggsmore/Carpenter exit and turn West. There is no fee to hook you show up and pull in the normal classes. Valley Tractor Pullers will be bringing the sleds out. If Im not mistaken it is on October 17. There is no rewards no trophies just a pull. The only profit they are making is off the stands so it is just a fundraiser because I believe they are going to build some type of track just for pulling. And if anyone remembers the Farmers Nightmare gas rig? They are planning by January or February to put a Cummins in it. Im in the process of getting more information on it so hang tight on that.

I wish i knew about that earlier. i've already committed to other plans that weekend..

on another note sorry to not see you guys in Sublimity. you should have just come up for saturday!

I'll see what I can do, no hook fees is nice so I will try and make it.....

Joe

I will be pulling up at the Grant County Fair Grounds, (Moses Lake, WA) on Oct 17th. Have fun and let us know how it turns out.

BBD

Well good ill be looking forward to seeing some people out there hopefully by tomorrow I will have all the information up. I told them I could get a few extremes and super streets out there. The stock class will most likely be pretty big.

And my dad and I wanted to make it to Oregon but he was busy and I already missed a few days of school going to pulls haha.

A good friend of mine who is helping put the pull on told me about this. The Pull will be held on the Modesto Jr College(MJC) West Campus directly off highway 99 if if you take the Briggsmore/Carpenter exit and turn West. There is no fee to hook you show up and pull in the normal classes. Valley Tractor Pullers will be bringing the sleds out. If Im not mistaken it is on October 17. There is no rewards no trophies just a pull. The only profit they are making is off the stands so it is just a fundraiser because I believe they are going to build some type of track just for pulling. And if anyone remembers the Farmers Nightmare gas rig? They are planning by January or February to put a Cummins in it. Im in the process of getting more information on it so hang tight on that.

Who let you know that they were gonna put a cummins in it? When I wen to school there I tried to talk them into doing a diesel and they said it was too expensive so they went ahead and bought that truck. they have a gas motor built for it already. Its just a matter of getting the rest of the truck done and getting funding.

No Mike does not own farmers nightmare anymore Modesto Junior College bought it about a yr and a half ago or so and have been slowly working on it. Ive checked in a few times to see how it was going but the progress is slow but it will get done eventually.

Last edited:
If you dont like sandy tracks like ceres or turlock that you might not like the pull.
I talked to one of the guys that has been buliding farmers nightmare and he said it was suppose to be in a sandy location in the horse arena.

Well good ill be looking forward to seeing some people out there hopefully by tomorrow I will have all the information up. I told them I could get a few extremes and super streets out there. The stock class will most likely be pretty big.

And my dad and I wanted to make it to Oregon but he was busy and I already missed a few days of school going to pulls haha.

With all the trucks in the parking lots i sure hope it is. Someone should get some grudge matches between the students going

If you dont like sandy tracks like ceres or turlock that you might not like the pull.
I talked to one of the guys that has been buliding farmers nightmare and he said it was suppose to be in a sandy location in the horse arena.

If thats the case then I will probably not go, Ceres sucked the big one and I am not gonna put my truck through again what it went through there.:bang

Joe

With all the trucks in the parking lots i sure hope it is. Someone should get some grudge matches between the students going

Maybe we can get some drag races lined up on the frontage road. Just dont miss the turn its all almond trees now. There won't be a front yard to save you lol.:hehe::Cheer::badidea:

Maybe we can get some drag races lined up on the frontage road. Just dont miss the turn its all almond trees now. There won't be a front yard to save you lol.:hehe::Cheer::badidea:

Very funny. You know you would have raced the guy too. Just be happy you are still alive.

Very funny. You know you would have raced the guy too. Just be happy you are still alive.

I thought it was a rush, honestly. I think if I would have known it was coming, it wouldnt have been as fun. Im just glad they didn't put the orchard in sooner. Its not our fault the chutes didn't deploy. We still won the race. No harm no foul. good thing no one was home cuz the was almost a big knock on their door. :hehe::hehe:

Sorry guys bad news my friend misled me I spoke to the guy from MJC today and he gave me the 411. There is a fee its $20 just like pulling at valley an other time and its valleys rules and classes. If anyone is still interested in showing up it would be great to get some more SS guys out there its a sandy track so at least its forgiving on drive lines, axles, ring and pinions and etc. Anyone who pulls in Cali knows you pretty much pull to pull cause it aint making anybody any money (if it is someone tell me I would love to know).
The pull will start around 4:30 they say to get there around 2 ish no later than 3.

man i need to stop looking at this thread i think i might have to try doing a pull! do i need a special hitch for it?

well no just a regular ball will work but i recomend if your going to pull more then getting a ring hitch or whatever would be better. And bring a hitch that doesnt stick way the hell out the closer you can get to the truck the better.

would it be better if the hitch was really high? i know that when guys do
tug o wars they guy with the higher hitch normaly wins. i have a built trany is there anything else i should beef up before i try pulling? thanks!