Modesto, California Pull

I may try and make it, if I can find some better tires for a loose track

I might make it to this event. I won't be pulling since the traction bars aren't in. But who knows, might bring the broke down 7.3 to pull.

Anyone who pulls in Cali knows you pretty much pull to pull cause it aint making anybody any money (if it is someone tell me I would love to know).

You should know since your truck took the $800 @ the AV fair.

would it be better if the hitch was really high? i know that when guys do
tug o wars they guy with the higher hitch normaly wins. i have a built trany is there anything else i should beef up before i try pulling? thanks!

Hitch height is limited. Get Blocks made if you dont already have some.

how about tire pressure? i am running nitrogen in them and if i need to air down will anyone know were i can refill them? sorry for all the questions. and thanks for the answers!

blocks? do you mean the 4 inch blocks under the rear leaf springs?

I dont know what the limit is you might want to check out VTPA or whoever is putting the pulls on but they are blocks that replace the little rubber bump stops on the frame. Scott say's that it has to be a 2 inch travel so build them to those specs if you can. as for air pressure It depends on how sandy it is you'll have to check out the track when you get there.

Last edited:
Blocks or airbags would work. And Im pretty sure if you search around the forum you can find pictures of another dodge with blocks if you need ideas. And tires I dont know of anyone that carries nitrogen but if the track is sandy which it should be then your going to have to air down.

Hopefully be bringing both Smokin Max and the stock rig out to pull. And Congrats to Albert Mendes last night in Sac. taking first place in the pull.

The track was great, in my opinion, lots of bite but not near Merced and sure wasnt sandy. the ss sled was a bit loose. Great event for a first time pull and track

Hey nice pull last night, also congrats to Johnny for winning extreme. Mine ran like a turd again. We have video of all the pulls, should be up later. Track ended up being pretty good.
The track was great, in my opinion, lots of bite but not near Merced and sure wasnt sandy. the ss sled was a bit loose. Great event for a first time pull and track

I'll admit they did a really good job preparing the track. It was a really good event especially for the 1st time.

Hey nice pull last night, also congrats to Johnny for winning extreme. Mine ran like a turd again. We have video of all the pulls, should be up later. Track ended up being pretty good.

Thanks! Hey how do we find your vids? Are they on youtube? What do u search

hey cole you should drive your truck out to left coast diesel and put it on the rollers...or trailer it might be better