modis for checking injector flow rates ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
my buddy has access to a modis and neither of us or anybody at his work know how to use it. My 06' is taking a few seconds to fire up and was wanting to check injector flow rates , rail pressure , lift pump pressure.

Is it fairly simple to use one ?

You can check the return rates with special tools, Almost any Injector problem will show up in the return rates, You can do all this with Injector installed. You need to purchase the tools form us and will share the return rates. the tools are made By TC Diesel , they are not the OTC / Miller stuff.

Balance/Calibration rates constantly change during engine operation, Should be use as touch tone info only, EFLive cannot check return rates.

Can a modis check the return rate? Or do I need to order the 9012 fitting and do the drip test at 1,000 rpm over a 30 second period? The truck doesn't fire up as quick as others I have started. It has 180k miles on it and from the car fax report it shows some different work the po had but none Of it involved the fuel system. The fuel filter bowl had more sediment than I would have liked to see

When it comes to electronics Span-on is mediocre ,but works, If Trash is found in bowl chances' are X% of the sediment made its way downstream, its all guess without time frames and history.. If you are thinking of buying I would look at it as near future repair at $2K/$3K Plus R/R. Avg life of CR Injectors 200K miles some get more some are less.

The truck is my wife's . I don't plan on upgrading the turbo or fuel system . Might put efi live on it at some point. So I guess I'd buy new oem or slightly bigger .

Back