monster vp44

strokersmoker

aney news info soforth
what the price
what boxes chips programers work good with it
how many rpms u gana be able 2 run
will u be able 2 run .120 line
and what will be potental hp u will be able 2 run

I haven't heard many specifics on it yet, but from what I have heard it is a one fueling son of a biscuit! Should be able to smash the HP records on #2 with this bad boy!

Nice looking truck you got there, Gotlift01!

I hope you're right about the pump, but I'm not holding my breath. Lord knows us vp44 boys need some help in the fuel delivery dept.

Mike D said:
Nice looking truck you got there, Gotlift01!

I hope you're right about the pump, but I'm not holding my breath. Lord knows us vp44 boys need some help in the fuel delivery dept.

I agree....the CR boys are running away with this HP stuff

Dont get a stiffy too soon fellas, we still have yet to see any concrete #'s or anything about reliability

Timbeaux38 said:
anything about reliability

Out of the few pumps already being used, 3 have failed and had to be repaired, and 1 didn't work from the start. And those are just the ones that have been posted on one forum or another so far.

getblown5.9 said:
Out of the few pumps already being used, 3 have failed and had to be repaired, and 1 didn't work from the start. And those are just the ones that have been posted on one forum or another so far.

Only crap here on the net. One of those three that died was mine and was the fault of to much pressure and fuel and no way to relieve the pump. Good stuff is getting ready to happen with these.

farmboysdiesel said:
Only crap here on the net. One of those three that died was mine and was the fault of to much pressure and fuel and no way to relieve the pump. Good stuff is getting ready to happen with these.

i'll be waiting, maybe when there are some impressive numbers posted and proof that they last.

I only have experiance with one here locally, and it was not impressive. He sent the pump back in to get checked out. I am definately on hold buying one until this gets straightened out. That is too much money to spend for less than perfect results. This particular truck had a HRVP on it and the only thing the monster did differently was run terrible everywhere but on the floor. Under load it drug the sled like it usually does with the HRVP.

The problem as I see it with this pump is what you "must have" to keep the pump alive...... You need big injector lines, drilled tubes, and huge injectors. I don't understand why this pump needs these and P-pumps that supply a lot more fuel than even the claimed monster VP amount don't need these parts to perform and live. In fact the large lines have historically hurt HP on all but the very high HP trucks.

Lack of true dyno numbers seems odd to me as well. If I was marketing this pump and it worked better than what was available I would be all over dyno numbers and graphs. I am talking back to back runs same truck same dyno same day with a standard pump HRVP and monster pump. Why are n't we seeing this?

This pump may be the cats meow but if it is the marketing better change or nobody is going to purchase one.... Just my $.02 worth

What do you know about 24v trucks anyway Doug? LOL LOL

Jetpilot said:
The problem as I see it with this pump is what you "must have" to keep the pump alive...... You need big injector lines, drilled tubes, and huge injectors. I don't understand why this pump needs these and P-pumps that supply a lot more fuel than even the claimed monster VP amount don't need these parts to perform and live. In fact the large lines have historically hurt HP on all but the very high HP trucks.

Lack of true dyno numbers seems odd to me as well. If I was marketing this pump and it worked better than what was available I would be all over dyno numbers and graphs. I am talking back to back runs same truck same dyno same day with a standard pump HRVP and monster pump. Why are n't we seeing this?

This pump may be the cats meow but if it is the marketing better change or nobody is going to purchase one.... Just my $.02 worth

I agree 100%

I just don't see a rotary style(VP44,VE,) pump ever equaling the output of a cam and plunger type (P7100,Sigma) Never gonna happen. How many super modified diesels have rotary style pumps, Ummm..... lets see? None. That poor little rotor has very little clearance between itself and the pump housing it spins in. Too much fuel and it backs up in the return, not enough fuel and it burns up.
You want boat loads of fuel out of a vp forget about reliability.

Jetpilot said:

Yeah i mean i find it funny that one of these pumps cant find it's self to a qualified truck that could be dynoed and swaped pumps and dynoed again. Then you would find out %100 if the proof was in the pudding. But until then everyones ????

you guys will see very soon what this is all about...it makes alot of smoke!

Still on the fence here too. Nothing concrete to justify the purchace. I was thinking of a Stage 1, but since have opted to stick with a stocker.

Time will tell I guess.

Jetpilot said:

You ever deal with the Stanadyne or the Roosamater pumps??
\