monster vp44

farmboysdiesel said:
You ever deal with the Stanadyne or the Roosamater pumps??
\

Yeah, they use them on 40 year old tractors, on almost everything. Reliable, yes. Able to push massive amounts of fuel, negative. Cheap, yes!

What does this have to do with a Cummins engine that never used them?
Chris

Great point - when changing the head/rotor assembly to turn the fuel up it's an abnsolute must to go with bigger lines and injectors to allow that pump to 'relieve' itself of the added pressure or it will seize shortly there after. I was asking that question to prove the the VP is much the same thing - the Stage 3 pumps make so much more pressure and volume the it WON'T live under normal 'stock line' and mild injector cirucumstances. These pumps will live just fine until you get to the Stage 3 and it needs bigger to get it out. A proven fact in the old school inj pump technology that a rotary pump head can't handle the added pressure. However, the Stage 1 and Stage 2 pumps will just fine. The 2 can be run with bigger lines and will flow plenty to support big power on No. 2 only.

farmboysdiesel said:
You ever deal with the Stanadyne or the Roosamater pumps??
\

I assume you mean Roosa Master pumps? I have dealt with these pumps.... But the question here is why the big lines, the lines are not the restriction. I could see too small of an injector causing an issue but not lines.

The real question is what I posted above, dyno results. They are the only really repeatable constant tool we have to measure HP. As I stated why aren't we seeing these??? A good friend of mine ordered one, recieved it but the darn thing didn't even work so back it went. He is currently waiting on both a stage 2 and 3 pump and I expect he will have good data for all of us. I really hope that this pump works out for the VP crowd as it will be a great leap forward in HP potential for guys willing to tune.

So its a rotary VP ??? if so then its not a 44 its a 30 the 44s are radial