More turbo questions. Compounds this time.

LilRedHandShakr

Is anyone running a 351 with an S400 and if so how do you like it? I think I'm gonna be running it with 50hp injectors for a while then throw some 100s at it later on. Will the 50s work for the time being and whats about the max power I can squeeze out of this turbo setup? I mean like max for the snails not the fuel setup with the turbos. I think I've finally decided 100s, 351/475, Dual Fueler and UDC.

ive been running that kit from shane (motosport) for 2 years. and on a single pump built from shane as well. fuel has never been a problem. mine come out to about 120 hp sticks.

I think Ive changed my mind and I'm gonna go with a 62/s480 setup so I have more power at my leisure.

No. The big charger is your hp limit. Wastegates allow us to somewhat "bypass" the secondary once it gets spooled

Lostnwalmart ran an He351 with a huge primary I believe and got great results

Last edited:
Because either could be the limiting factor depending on the sizing. Why even bother getting worked up about the internet?

Don't see it in your sig, clutch will be limiting issue to start. 351 or 62 over 475 will provide LOTS of fun for a llllloooooonnnngggggggggg time......and good street manners.

oh and by the way OP, yes, 50 sticks will get you by for now. better than nothing. heat wont be a problem either.

Don't see it in your sig, clutch will be limiting issue to start. 351 or 62 over 475 will provide LOTS of fun for a llllloooooonnnngggggggggg time......and good street manners.
I'm getting a Valair Ceramic Street DD #3850 and the last parts what I want honestly big power that I don't have to wait 3 years to spool. I gotta be able to tow and all that still and I honestly think compounds are the way to go.

oh and by the way OP, yes, 50 sticks will get you by for now. better than nothing. heat wont be a problem either.

Yea thats what I figured

No. The big charger is your hp limit. Wastegates allow us to somewhat "bypass" the secondary once it gets spooled

Lostnwalmart ran an He351 with a huge primary I believe and got great results

Ok thanks I thought even with a waste gate there was only so much you could bypass

Correct, a wastegate will not cure the restriction of an undersized secondary compressor.

Thats why I thought a 62 would be good, 50s should be good enough to spool it for now and it will support more mods than the 351 which means I'll only have to do it once.

A 5.9 boosted even 1 atmosphere on a HE351 looks like a 10 liter engine to a s475. Hard to imagine a 10 liter engine not rocking the compressor of a s475. Now the turbine side of the HE351.....oh yeah that's what the waste gate is for.