motor mounts for cummins conversion

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
looking to correctly fabricated motor mounts in my chevy pick up that i did a cummins conversion in. not for sure where to find the mounts tried fordcummins.com and they told me 8 months ago they would have them out for sale in a couple months and its been 8 now and still no sign of the mounts.

What year chevy are you doing? Im doing a IFS 98 1 ton 4x4 and in the same boat. Alot of these places seem to sell motor mounts with 1st gen dodge type mounts and other want to charge $325 for a plate of steel with 2 tabs on it that will bolt to the factory chevy motor mounts. I think I might make them on my own. Somehow people have flipped 2nd Gen mounts and made them work but i dont see how.

if you have the 73-87 chev look up avalancheengeneering.com and give them a call.

What year chevy are you doing? Im doing a IFS 98 1 ton 4x4 and in the same boat. Alot of these places seem to sell motor mounts with 1st gen dodge type mounts and other want to charge $325 for a plate of steel with 2 tabs on it that will bolt to the factory chevy motor mounts. I think I might make them on my own. Somehow people have flipped 2nd Gen mounts and made them work but i dont see how.

i have seen ppl chop off the whole frame perch for the motor mounts and take the stock motor mounts for a dodge that go on the side of the block and take two plates of 3/8 steel and put slits in them for how ever far they want the motor set i think the diesel power mag did a follow through with a guy that did one similar to mine with the 5spd trans it looked simple to do as long as you could weld good or had it professionally welded.

mine is a 1994 chevy that had a 6.5 turbo diesel in it and a nv4500 i took the 6.5 out and put in the cummins with my own motor mounts we kinda did it in a hurry and made it to where i didnt have to change driveshaft lengths and move cross members. it was easy with a suspension lift to clear the front differential but since i didnt have an intercooler i put a 3 inch body lift to clear the cross over pipe. we are going to take a two wheel drive and take the lower a arms and coil springs out and make a sas lift for it and move all my parts to it so that i can get rid of the ifs dont get me wrong its nice but has been a pain for me. if you got any ?'s you can give me a call sometime. pm me and ill get you my number.

Last edited: