My 1998.5 10 second race truck for sale

MCForstenRacing

1/4 miles
Reason for the sale- Life moves you in knew directions everyday and I believe it is time to part ways with my truck. Currently the truck is running and complete. I would be willing to part it out but only in big chunks. I would be willing to pull the motor and sell. Sell the roller and sell the trans. I also will remove the fuel system from the motor if you are not interested in the vp stuff. Please no low ball offers. I do not need to sell the truck. Not desperate for cash honestly it sits in the garage and it would be nice for someone to put it to good use. Not interested in trades.

Truck- 1998.5 vp44 Race Truck 10.44 at 128 mph best to date
Truck was purchased brand new in 99. At the start truck was used as a daily driver/work vehicle. It saw many of a construction site and a snow plow or two. With about 70k on the clock we put the truck to rest for a bit. (basically we tossed a tarp over it and left it in the driveway) I really liked and wanted it to be my daily rig. So I struck up a deal with my father and in 2005 I took ownership of it when I got my license. I put close to 30k on the truck all the while dabbling in racing on the weekends and going to test and tunes on thursdays evenings at our local track. In 2007 we decided we really did enjoy this diesel racing stuff and decided to really emerse ourselves into it. We started with upgraded pump and turbos injectors all that good stuff and of course as we all know it wasn't enough. We continually added parts changed things and had some pretty good fun and success along the way. In 2008-9 we went out to enterprise engine in Ohio. We had caught wind of a guy building something called the monster pump and we wanted to give it a shot. After a before and after dyno run and adding almost 150 horse to the truck we were sold. We left the shop with a 754 horse power mid 11 second truck and we couldn't have been happier. Well of course it wasn't enough. We got hooked up with Monster Mike and pulled our existing trans and put one of his in. Tossed on some nitrous started playing with the suspension with help from Adam at Left Coast Diesel. After a lot of tweaking and tuning we had ourselves a 10 second truck. We decided then around 2011-12 truck needed a face lift. It went to a local guy and we hooked it up with a matte black paint job. We continued to push our motor or tune and tweak just like we all do and finally boom. There went the stock 5.9. We sent the motor and trans up to Mike for a overhaul. This brings us close to todays date. At the end of Last year we put in our current setup I know I am going to forget a few things so bare with me and any questions you have I will be happy to answer

Engine has extensive work and for a serious buyer we will be able to provide every detail.

Started with a 5.9 block. Crank was removed and replaced with a 6.7 crank and billet rods and pistons. Motor was girdled. Head was ported and polished and fire ringed. Compression was changed. Again a lot has gone into this motor for a serious buyer all will be told.

Fuel system-
MPM vp44 john deere style billet top fed injectors, aeromotive a1000 feeds pump with fuel regulator before pump

Chassis-
1998.5 single cab 8 foot bed. Dana 80 3.54 gear. Caltrac bars. Afco adjustable shocks. Custom fox racing steering stablizer. Drive shaft loops. 5 gallon fuel cell. Fuel cooler in bed. Progressive nitrous controller kit with two bottles

Interior- 6 point rollcage. Mechanical and digital gauges

Trans/transfer case-
Fully built MPM trans converter and all. brand new zero passes. Just a lap or 2 around the neighborhood for break in purposes. PCS controlled valve body pcs purchased from suncoast.
Stall 2100

Transfer case was custom done. Mike went in and removed 4 wheel low and 2 wheel low as they were unnecessary. The goal was to create a more direct drive to 4 wheel high.

Complete 35k takes it
Double that invested
Odometer reads 107 I do believe. No accidents. Complete clear title.

If you are just interested in one of these please let me know and I will price it out.

Phone number is 5402704541
email is coleforsten@gmail.com

Email or text me for pictures and more info
You can also visit the facebook page linked in the signature for videos and pictures.

you need pics of your truck, and you do not need to bump your for sale ad every day.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoRE0smmkKk"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoRE0smmkKk[/ame]

Video of the 10.44 run

I'll get pictures loaded up in a bit.

Always loved the fact that yall stuck it out with the vp on this thing it was a record I wanted years ago but finally gave up on lol.. GLWS! Still have the pro street cr body truck or selling it too?

Thanks man. Still have it. Just time to move on from this truck. We have had a lot of fun with this truck.

[ame="http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/98puller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-8.jpg.html"]image-8.jpg Photo by 98puller | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/98puller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-7.jpg.html"]image-7.jpg Photo by 98puller | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/98puller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg.html"]image-6.jpg Photo by 98puller | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Turbos
T6 71/77 billet wheel over a modified 86/98 big brother feeding into a hogan intercooler.

I know I said no trades however I would be open to looking at a Chevelle or Camaro 69 or 70

Interior- Corbeau Racing seat, Simpson Harness, RE racing electorincs auido/talk system wired in.

Wheel/Tires- MH Cheater slicks. I do have 2 spares mounted on rims. Truck sits in garage with stock wheel and tire setup.

Electronic Cutoff switch mounted in bed

Nitrous system- ATS intake horn with custom spray bar installed Built by Adam at Left Coast diesel

Really would like to sell this thing. I know vp stuff isn't super popular. I would do a price drop and take the fuel system off. I'm open to offers fellas.

I have a buyer for the transmission. If I can sell the roller and motor I would be happy to part it out.

Anyone interested in just the roller?

How about the motor? MPM fully built engine.