My 51 Chevy 12v at the track

Squirted right out of the hole! What did it do for time? didn't get to listen so if they said iti missed it.

12.7 @105 1.8 60 ft
It's basically stock except for some DV's I took out of my other truck

Last edited:
Great run man! I cut my teeth at Silver Dollar, seeing the name and hearing the announcer brought back some good memories. Keep posting your times, a build thread would be sweet too!

Great run man! I cut my teeth at Silver Dollar, seeing the name and hearing the announcer brought back some good memories. Keep posting your times, a build thread would be sweet too!

Thanks, I have a build thread in the conversions section but has not been updated in a while.

Also it weighs 3610 without me and I hope to keep it under 4k. I still have to build a cage and finish the interior

Defiantly needs more turbo along with other things.

BTW nice pic of Lorenzo

good et, we have got a 13.5 @ 98mph,to run in 12s first time out is something to be proud of for sure !

thats sweet man im in the process with my buddies help of putting my 12v in my 57 chevy stepside

That thing is awesome. Depending on the transmission/converter I could see that thing over 30mpg easy with that light weight!

That thing is awesome. Depending on the transmission/converter I could see that thing over 30mpg easy with that light weight!

For sure. I hit really close to 30 on the highway (with stock timing too) and I weight close to 5000.

I got 27 mpg a couple times in rat I'm going to switch to 3.07 see if that helps .it weighs right at 4,000 lbs. I have not been able to break 30 in the 93 or rat, speed and timing seem to be biggest gains.

I haven't ran it long enough at one time to check the mileage but I would assume it is pretty good. It has a 47re and 2.75 gear which I may change out to some 2.50's It does cruise good around 70-75 but I would like to drop the rpm a tad and cruise around 80 on the highway

That poor old pickup was never ment to go 100mph LOL awesome build! I wish I could have finished my 47 5 window, it's still in a few pieces out back LOL.

A pic of the truck

DSC02135.jpg