My 51 Chevy 12v at the track

What happened to the stack? I thought it looked pretty good with a single in it.

I haven't ran it long enough at one time to check the mileage but I would assume it is pretty good. It has a 47re and 2.75 gear which I may change out to some 2.50's It does cruise good around 70-75 but I would like to drop the rpm a tad and cruise around 80 on the highway

You do have a lock up converter and have it locking up at those speeds right? I can't see rpm being an issue with so little gear cruising at 70-80mph with the converter locked and 28" or larger tire.

My 89 rattles at 55mph with 3.07 gears, an OD, and 32 inch tires, but with more speed I can see it being a non-issue.

What happened to the stack? I thought it looked pretty good with a single in it.

I built a through the bed side exit
image-1.jpg

Now i wish i would have made it down there for the MCE day. I havent been on that site in forever!

Well you missed some cool cars: several GTR's, nitrous vipers, low 10 second Mercedes and many others

Every time this thread comes up I wish I had followed through with putting a cummins in my 47 5 window. Sucks I lost interest in it when I bought my 94 4 years ago. I actually was only looking for dodge trucks to yank the engine out of back when I was 15. Dang the memories

very cool truck and thats quick for the first time out.. any pictures under the hood?

That side exh. back there looks pretty cool, If you'd put a small radius on the corners if would look even better, imho. Cool truck.

Tucker