my 6.0 is a real POS

6owed

gettin' faster
just wanted to let you guys know I will be in the dodge forum after this week. My POS PSD was a pretty good truck until 100,080 miles. as soon as the warranty was out the whole thing fell apart I have never drove such a POS. I don't have much faith in the new one either. I love the trucks they are awesome looking and by far the nicest interiors but they gotta get their crap together this dog won't hunt.
I'll give 'em another chance in 10 years if they are different.
anyways cya later.
if I light it on fire i'll post some pics

136,000+ modded miles here...no problems.
You couldn't give me a Dodge....unless I get to keep the motor and trash the rest. LOL

100,080 miles. Call a tow truck and take it to a dealer and tell them you were on the way there when it broke down. They will either cover it under the 5/100 or they will P05 it which means they can go a percentage of the repair and assist you.

Tranny went at 99K which was ok its expected got it fixed (built w/ SC TC)
then injector pump @ 100K, got it back and drove it home parked it a couple days and drove it to get a bite to eat w/ the wife and it started bellowing white smoke out the tailpipe like I was killing mesquitoes or something. It then beganto overheat so I pulled into the dodge dealership and parked it in the back. I'l

EGR cooler....more than likely. Considering it's less than 100 miles out of warranty...they should work with you on it.

i would hope so, Ford says our 2003 navigator now needs two new heads because that would cure our problems, it runs rough and misses some. It has 102k on it. Piece of Junk, next time my stepmom will be getting a dang Denali or Escalade next time.

BFD99 said:
i would hope so, Ford says our 2003 navigator now needs two new heads because that would cure our problems, it runs rough and misses some. It has 102k on it. Piece of Junk, next time my stepmom will be getting a dang Denali or Escalade next time.

or you could buy her something with a 4.6 in it .... she could beat the tar out of it and it would still go for 150k easy.

we are done with anything ford that is not diesel powered.

ive seen an older 454 run with a liquid fertalizer/oil ratio(dont ask) of about 3:1 you could get one of those and try it :hehe:

The Navigator has a 5.4 in it. It has a random miss? What are the symptoms on that. It should be coil-on-plug. The number 4 cylinder on the expeditions 5.4L with rear heat would go out because the clamp on the heater core hose would drip coolant on it.

could be a coil pack..the supercharged supercrew we have..it was hell diagnosing it.it wouldn't do it everytime..but reared it ugly head when someone wanted to race.

Coil packs are the old way. Coil On Plug is the way for the 5.4L So you get to pin point individual cylinders AND it has the option when it sees CHT (Cylinder Head Temp) go to a certain point to start killing cylinders to help cool the motor down. So you may want to look at cylinder head temps to see if its not sending a screwed up signal.

spark plug wires were already replaced. still does it. i will find out more symptons from my dad on what it is doing.

I feel your pain brother. I had a early model 03 and what a turd. I had injectors replaced before 8k miles and all kinds of numerous problems. If it were me I would look at the new Dmax. I drove one and the power off the line makes the 6.4 look gay. I also liked the interior styling alot better than Dodges. It just feels to damn cheap!!!! Good luck!!!

Mine has it's moments where it likes to overheat. I believe my problem is the peddle. Or whatever keeps pressing it so far down.