my 6.0 is a real POS

BFD99 said:
spark plug wires were already replaced. still does it. i will find out more symptons from my dad on what it is doing.

The Navi has the 5.4L 4V. No plug wires. Each plug has a coil sitting on top of it.

6owed said:
my 6.0 is a real POS

The first step to recovery it to admit you have a problem....:hehe: You are well on your way! Welcome to Cummins! And Unbroken is right, we don't claim the Dodge crap around it either. It is like a diamond in a goats arse.

And there it is. You ran out and bought something wedged in a goats ass.

with the probs i've been having and can't shake, i actually caught myself thinking yesterday what it'd be like to drive a dodge/cummins truck. I like the chevys but that damned IFS!

ive had my problems to but i dont think if i brought home a dodge id be able park in my driveway with all the fords we have.:badidea:

i'd have a REALLLY hard time staring at that friggin Ram on the steering wheel.....

sredish said:
i'd have a REALLLY hard time staring at that friggin Ram on the steering wheel.....

So instead you are going to just stick to staring at the Ram on the tailgate of the truck in front of you? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I couldn't help it! :poke: :rockwoot:

Sometimes I crack myself up. J/K dude.

Last edited:
find a cummins and drop it in and have the perfect truck!

I bought a Megacab and seems to be a good truck I like it
But, the interior just suks. I went for the full dress Laramie 4x4 w/ sunroof
good lookin truck
Gonna miss my looongbed though
I still have my POS PSD and I am seriously thinkin about having a Cummins dropped in that turd.
It really would be the perfect truck I think. :drool1:

What tranny would top off the perfect truck.......:drive:

I have decided to put a cummins in my ferd!
this megacab is pretty flimsy, I miss my truck. glad I kept it around.
I guess I will put a post up in diesel conversions cause I'm not sure what forum it will belong to after the transplant so anyone w/ any helpful input chime in over there.

thanks guys

BFD99 said:
find a cummins and drop it in and have the perfect truck!

I would have to agree. Comparing Truck to Truck, not powertrain, Ford Makes a better truck than Dodge. My buddy's 03 Cummins has power up the a$$, but the truck is falling apart, body is rusting and its only got 58k on it. My 2000 superduty was in better shape than his truck even after I rolled it. LOL
Just my opinion. "Put the Dodge in the garage and let the Ford go to work"

my EGR system is haunted and 3 different ford houses couldn't fix it
now the warranty is out and I'm not gonna pay to fix it.
I refuse to drive a truck that I have to say a small prayer anytime I'm driving it "Please get me back home"
screw that
I'm not saying that they all are but I know waaaaayy too many that are.
on the other hand I love my super duty truck the body, the interior, the comfort, and the look. so when I get this heart transplant done on her it will be my perfect truck.

so now that its out of warranty wht dont you delete the egr cooler and weld up the egr valve

PSDPlayer said:
The Navi has the 5.4L 4V. No plug wires. Each plug has a coil sitting on top of it.

i had the 5.4 in my two Expeditions. In the 01 I had 3 coil on plug packs go out. Depending on where they are as to how easy to fix. 4 are easy. The other 4 require body parts to be removed. Mine had gotten water in them and quit working despite them supposedly having dielectric grease in them. I thought it was the tranny. It would miss between 2-3000 rpm in one gear. It was truly weird. i just started avoid puddle jumping and it seemed to fix the problem.

The 05 didn't have any problems. But I also got rid of it after 9 months and about 11k miles to get a TDI.