My 6 owe won't start!! NEED HELP

kasey200

I sold my power pup so i could replace it with an SCT and uninstalled it this morning. i got a ride to the UPS store with a roomate...... when we got back i went to jump in my truck to go to class and it wouldn't start!! turn the key on and the stereo turns on and the dash lights up like normal, but the glowplug or coil light(not sure what it is called) stays on and never shuts off. when i turn the key there is nothing, no starter. also, you can't hear the fuel pump like normal. i have absolutly no idea what is wrong. another problem is the powerpup is GONE, i already sent it off. my outlook doesn't show any codes. Any body have any ideas??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!:bow: :doh:

Sounds liike the stock tune didn't re-install.
Get it back quick...or you could try to install noe of the SCT tunes.

alright i did what you said and got the powerpup back from UPS. i tried to reinstall the program on several different settings and returning it to stock and nothing happens. still won't start.

im by far not a diesel tech, but I have been told in the past that unplugging both batteries for an hour can cure alot of problems. It cant hurt, until someone else chimes in. Good luck

thanks for the help kiddsplash.... i tried it but it didn't work:( i am running out of ideas. i might have to give in and take it to a dealer:(

This just happend to a Cummins with a superchip. The guy had to spend 1800.00 @ the dealer to get it fixed.:( Wiped out the computer. I understand yours isnt a dodge tho. Happend to my dads Duramax with a quadzilla. Wiped out the computer. 1500.00 to fix @ dealer.

Last edited:
Check the large fuse for the starter relay, its a 50 amp fuse, and its #119 I think. If it blew it does just what you say. Mine just did it last week. Its the second row from the left side of the fuse block, second or third fuse down. It will be red and be a 50 amp.

man i sure hope you're wrong nwt. that almost seems like it could be the case. i'm gonna keep the fingers crossed that that is not the case though. dalpilot, could you hear the fuel pump opperating when you blew that fuse??

If you have a Xcal 2, is it showing any codes? Did you disconnect batteries before removing pup and forget to reconnect both when installing SCT?

i do not have an Xcal yet. i was just removing the pup because i sold it. i didn't try to disconect the battery's until after the pup was uninstalled.

kasey200 said:
man i sure hope you're wrong nwt. that almost seems like it could be the case. i'm gonna keep the fingers crossed that that is not the case though. dalpilot, could you hear the fuel pump opperating when you blew that fuse??

No It looked like a normal start, just no crank.

It is something to do with the programming.

I had a similar prob with my TS 5X, left me dead. Everything would light up and be normal, but no crank/start.

if you still have the power pup, flash it to a file, then back to stock, I had that issue also with a 5X.

mikehalseyjr said:
It is something to do with the programming.

I had a similar prob with my TS 5X, left me dead. Everything would light up and be normal, but no crank/start.

i think i'm just going to take it in:(

Your Power Pup is to blame!

Try what Tim said about the flash to file and etc.

It shoudl work, that is what I did. Fired right up!

Back