My 6 owe won't start!! NEED HELP

worse case scenario, pull the pcm and ship it to doug, im sure he can take care of it cheaper than the dealer! call up doug and talk to him

Agreed

Direct Injection Performance
184 Wimbledon Lake Dr
Plantation, FL 33324

Direct: (954) 275-6801
Fax: (954) 424-2637
AIM: GoGoDiesel
Email: Doug@GoGoDiesel.com

thanks for the help guys, i spoke with doug on the phone and he told me to take it to the dealer and see what's wrong with it first. if it is the PCM pull it and ship it to him, it could be something more simple that i am just overlooking.

gotcha, yeah doug is a nice guy, he will take care of ya. :)

Admittedly, I know little about the PSD. That said, I find it hard to believe that a programmer would do that upon removal.

I'd try the reinstall then start tracing the electricals under the hood with a tester light. I'm guessing it is a fuse in the Power Distribution Box or a disconnected cable or a poor ground or something like that.

That would be the cheap fix. Then work up from there.

well guys i have bad news. talked to the dealer late this afternoon to find out the PCM does need to be replaced. He said they could cross some wires to crank the motor but not start it. Now the battle begins......... He is worried that ford will not warranty it because of the outlook monitor being plugged into the OBD port. Surprisingly he is on my side on this one. He has been trying to get this figured out with his Ford rep. It won't be until monday at the earliest that i know any more.

kasey200 said:
well guys i have bad news. talked to the dealer late this afternoon to find out the PCM does need to be replaced. He said they could cross some wires to crank the motor but not start it. Now the battle begins......... He is worried that ford will not warranty it because of the outlook monitor being plugged into the OBD port. Surprisingly he is on my side on this one. He has been trying to get this figured out with his Ford rep. It won't be until monday at the earliest that i know any more.

SUCK!!:( Figured thats what it was. Seen it to many times. All it takes is a little interference with the signal on a down load and the PCM is wiped out. Make sure your cell phone, radio, doors stay shut, windows stay up, etc.... next time.

Good News!!! Dealer decide to warranty my PCM should have my truck back by the end of the week!!!

Well i got my truck back this afternoon!! :ylsuper: :rockwoot: They replaced the module and added a new program that cycles the injectors for 30 seconds after the truck is shut off to purge the injectors. they say it will help with cold starts. anybody know any more about this???

Awesome. I stopped getting Flashes a while back, so I have no idea how the new one is.

it spools the valves to empty them after shut off, seems ford thinks that it will help with starting, something about a suction problem for lack of the exact terminoligy

Back