My build is complete...6.0

dukcaln

So awhile back I bought an 03 from a buddy that had only 9k miles on her. Long story short, motor went. So I was gonna go with the dream of a cummins conversion (way too much money for me at the time) so I went with an 04.5 motor build and swap. Motor was torn down, all bearings replaced and the rest gone through. Then Decided on an Elite stage 1 cam, Elite stage 1 valvetrain, Elite by-pass coolant lines, amsoil by-pass filter kit, studs, Ported heads and manifold, wrapped the exh manifolds, had the hypermax 190cc inj re-worked and topped it off with a full built Industrial Inj stage 2 VGT. In addition I kept my ATS stage 3 fuel sys, egr delete, Banks IC, Banks High ram, Water meth and 5 inch exh. Painted the block ford blue, painted the IC tubes ford blue as well. Truck came out great and a few grand (tad more than a few grans LOL) less than the cummins swap. Big thanks to Jason at DIESEL NUT MOTOR SPORTS for the build. Great guy, listens, researches and puts his heart into his work. And god knows, it was a lot of work.

Driving is very nice right now. Just in the break in period and have about 100 miles on it. Initial thought is I need more tuning. Right now I am running cale thompsons 90hp tune. I will be switching over to the inovated extreme tunes shortley. The turbo is working really well and cleans up nice. Its Industrials full 64mm stage 2. The lag is very low. Cruise speed at 65mph I see a tad less than 800 degrees. Truck runs nice on the freeway with the cam. I can't wait to open her up and see how she runs at higher rpms. Thats where the cam and valvetrain want to be..LOL. So basically its working out well, need to work on the tuning now. I think it will run like I hoped it would with a extreme file loaded.

What would you guys run for a tune (hp, who's) for daily driving. I was thinking a extreme street or race file. I need more than my 90 performance tune given my set up and mods.

I used Eric's Race tunes for my engine. With a 66mm turbo, and 225's, it was too much smoke for the streets. (With the tq locked-up)
I downsized to 190cc injectors, and a 64mm non-vgt turbo. Started using Eric's Extreme street tune...love the shifts, still quick, but smoother then the race tune. Also, the street tunes I have from Eric use every gear...that way, the turbo stays spooled most of the time.

If I were you, I would try to get your engine "Live Tuned". Eric has a dyno in his new shop, and could dial your set-up right in!!!