My class Idea?

SPEAKSUP

With 2.6 getting to expensive and workstock dominated by Duramaxes. Talking with JT.

It's a little of the ole 2.5 class.

I am not going to get to technical into the rules cause it would just take forever just give a general run down.

This would be a frame limit class or a spec charger class if anyone wanted to do that.

inducer limit is 64mm no protrusion. Cast Billet Titanium Unobtanium wheel's if you want. What this comes down to is the Compressor and Turbine housings can only be so big. So basically a S300 framed charger or a Holset and Garret of similar size.

No stand alones Any P Pump VP Pump no dual CP3's Dual HPOP allowed.

No tubular manifolds this is a street class.

No HOODSTACKS!!!!!

No SRW trucks with Dual's Dually's allowed.

Safety equipment required Bellhousings or tranny blankets and Shields. Stock unmodified "Chassis" meaning I don't want to be able to stick my arm inbetween your Cab and Bed. If you have a Cab and Chassis fine Must have a Flatbed to fully cover the tires.

2WD truck's allowed.

NO HANGING WEIGHTS........

This will keep the price down for the most part and keep everything even I say max a 700HP truck if you have a freak like Jason's.

This will bring it down to setting up the truck just right and coping without the weights up front.

This should keep everyone in the same HP range and have a lot of fun.

Bring on the haters.

I'm a central indiana 2.6 guy and i would love the 2.5 class especially one tht your talking about. No water to air obviously too. I'm not a big fan of 1" travel but i wouldnt be against it as long as it would keep promoting the idea of this class.

Why limit the electronics and CP3's of the CR's and allow any ppump?

I agree why no standalones? Folks the Dmaxes have had RPM for a while and EFI live, they haven't dominated the class yet.
Also why the limit on the duals, "This will keep the price down for the most part", you just forced someone to buy a dually bed if they wanted it. Either allow duals for everyone, or for no one.

Class might be 100hp less than 2.6. Waste of time, energy & resources IMO. Especially with the ridiculous electronics rules with wide open ppump rules. Hello 12V cummins class.

Some ppump rules would obviously have to come into affect as well, but i would think within a rule set you could take away more than 100 hp with a smaller turbo and no water to air. But i dont think you would want a class that was waay off of 2.6 because it wouldnt be fun to watch. The whole dually thing to me is either way but if you have enough ability/money to swap over to dual wheels you got enough to get you a bed. Pulling wont ever be "cheap" but i think what hes trying to accomplish is more of a "street" class than the 2.6 is accomplishing as its now just the 2.8 class in a 2.6 turbo.

wide open pump rule... not so much witha smaller charger??... meaning i wouldnt want a nasty pump witha dinky charger...

Last edited:
With 2.6 getting to expensive and workstock dominated by Duramaxes. Talking with JT.

It's a little of the ole 2.5 class.

I am not going to get to technical into the rules cause it would just take forever just give a general run down.

This would be a frame limit class or a spec charger class if anyone wanted to do that.

inducer limit is 64mm no protrusion. Cast Billet Titanium Unobtanium wheel's if you want. What this comes down to is the Compressor and Turbine housings can only be so big. So basically a S300 framed charger or a Holset and Garret of similar size.

No stand alones Any P Pump VP Pump no dual CP3's Dual HPOP allowed.

No tubular manifolds this is a street class.

No HOODSTACKS!!!!!

No SRW trucks with Dual's Dually's allowed.

Safety equipment required Bellhousings or tranny blankets and Shields. Stock unmodified "Chassis" meaning I don't want to be able to stick my arm inbetween your Cab and Bed. If you have a Cab and Chassis fine Must have a Flatbed to fully cover the tires.

2WD truck's allowed.

NO HANGING WEIGHTS........

This will keep the price down for the most part and keep everything even I say max a 700HP truck if you have a freak like Jason's.

This will bring it down to setting up the truck just right and coping without the weights up front.

This should keep everyone in the same HP range and have a lot of fun.

Bring on the haters.

Where is workstock getting dominated by duramaxes? Last i checked a common rail cummins won all most every pullin kentucky and when he came to ohio he won also! You gotta pay to play no matter what

thats probably true, wide open rules would probably be best ill have to go against what i was previously saying...can only push a smaller charger so much...the pump i mean

You gotta pay to play no matter what

:hehe: :hehe:

Swtich your ECM and harness to a 06 and run EFI live if you want to. This is average 600 HP class. No stand alones what I meant buy P Pump is I don't care if you want to run a AG Pump. Theres been no proof in HP gains from them. No dual's this is supposed to be like a street class. Plenty of truck's have done well without dual's buy a dually bed and change it if you want. Look's stupid crap like this that let the 2.6 class get away. HP will be limited and drivetrain will last longer. Unlike 2.6 which soon will be drop boxes and sqhd's . No dual CP3's one modded one will take care of everything you need for this class. This is meant to look like a street class guys who have modded their truck's the average guys not 1000HP 2.6 trucks.

Idk just sounds like a whole lot of fail and not thought out well at all on the fuel or turbo side especially for the CR trucks. If you think your gonna limit the hp to 600 your way wrong.

Idk maybe it's just me but I don't think solving the problem by ignoring it and just starting another class is going to help. It will be become what 2.6 has become it all evolves for the good or bad.

Last edited:
Idk just sounds like a whole lot of fail and not thought out well at all on the fuel or turbo side especially for the CR trucks. If you think your gonna limit the hp to 600 your way wrong.

Please explain theres been few 64 truck's over the 700HP mark

On average the 64mm turbo on the truck's is 600HP thats 6.0's 6.6 5.9 this would allow everyone to compete on a limited budget and not have to build everything to the max.

Some of us don't have sponsors or cant make it to every pull to commit to sponsors. Or rich stinking farmers or parents that pay for everything.

This is the average joes class on a average joes budget. Comes down to setting up your truck without dealing with the weight.

I like the idea don't get me wrong, but you know as well as I do these won't be actual 64mm turbos come on!

And if it's a average joe race well then dual CP3's should be allowed cause they are cheaper than a high dollar modded pump.

How can you allow trucks to run EFI and take advantage of the high rpm and fueling and cut out a standalone controller that's doing the exact same thing.

It's all a money game, average Joes aren't in the diesel game look at the 50k race. Average Joe? I don't think so, if your going to allow dually trucks to run then allow the SRW trucks to run duals as well, especially if your talking about fairness.

Why not set one damn turbo, no modifications other than the turbine A/R

There is no advantage to dual's I have ran both. Singles did me just fine this is for guys in classes that have duallys that cant get in but they allow SRW truck's to run dual's.

It's supposed to look "street" like when we used to drive to the pulls load the weights and pull. Unlike all the trailer queens and none street driven trucks. This will keep the S400 64's showing up if you measure the housings set it to a certain size.

:hehe: :hehe:

Swtich your ECM and harness to a 06 and run EFI live if you want to. This is average 600 HP class. No stand alones what I meant buy P Pump is I don't care if you want to run a AG Pump. Theres been no proof in HP gains from them. No dual's this is supposed to be like a street class. Plenty of truck's have done well without dual's buy a dually bed and change it if you want. Look's stupid crap like this that let the 2.6 class get away. HP will be limited and drivetrain will last longer. Unlike 2.6 which soon will be drop boxes and sqhd's . No dual CP3's one modded one will take care of everything you need for this class. This is meant to look like a street class guys who have modded their truck's the average guys not 1000HP 2.6 trucks.

Do you really think a standalone is gonna blow the doors off of an EFI live tuned cummins? Especially being fed by a 64mm turbo?

I thought you were taking the cost out of the class? You just said buy...

There is no advantage to dual's I have ran both. Singles did me just fine this is for guys in classes that have duallys that cant get in but they allow SRW truck's to run dual's.

It's supposed to look "street" like when we used to drive to the pulls load the weights and pull. Unlike all the trailer queens and none street driven trucks. This will keep the S400 64's showing up if you measure the housings set it to a certain size.

No advantage to duals? How much are you wanting to wager, you bring your truck with 35's all the way around, and I will put dual 35's on the back and we can see who pulls the farthest.

Cheapest stand alone is like 4K not even out yet. the whole buy a dual bed thing is if you want dual's then buy a dually bed this is a "street" class what 2.6 got away from. I have pulled both ofcourse I used to have 15.50 wides but I am sure would still do good with some 13.50's