My drw rear for your srw.

drdiesel12v

Dr. Diesel Performance
Ive got a 97 3500 with a dana 80 dually rear and am wanting to swap for a Dana 80 SRW axle. My rear currently has 4.10's and a posi, so i would need the srw to also be posi. i do have 3.54 ring and pinion and open carrier if yours is 4wd and 3.54.

truck has 197,000 on it, has new shoes, drums, springs, wheel cylinders, and completely gone thru with new bearings with less than 3000 miles on it.

Let me know what yall got.

My truck is also white, and the dually fenders have no cracks and its in pretty good shape for its age.

Thanks
Cody

Yup cuz that makes sense. Drw housings are completely different. Im looking for less weight and a slight bit better aerodynamics without dually fenders. My ultimate goal is to make a short bed srw out of it.

Actually it makes perfect sense. A single rear wheel will go right on your dual axle hubs, they have the same diameter. Its not much wider maybe an inch. Then all you need to buy/trade is a box.

I have done it! I have a 2000, 1 ton that the box was destroyed on. I bought a set of 2nd gen stock single rear wheels and put them on the dana 80 dual rear wheel axle. Put a fleet side box on it and no one can believe it was that easy. Took me probably 2 hours in all. The hardes part is messing with the fuel filler neck.

Actually it makes perfect sense. A single rear wheel will go right on your dual axle hubs, they have the same diameter. Its not much wider maybe an inch. Then all you need to buy/trade is a box.

I have done it! I have a 2000, 1 ton that the box was destroyed on. I bought a set of 2nd gen stock single rear wheels and put them on the dana 80 dual rear wheel axle. Put a fleet side box on it and no one can believe it was that easy. Took me probably 2 hours in all. The hardes part is messing with the fuel filler neck.

Yep, I did the same conversion two years ago. Do yourself a favor and just get shorter studs and just keep your current axle.

I don't get why people feel the need to be arrogant when getting a response they didn't wanna hear. Let him drive 3,4,5 hours to swap rearends with someone ... That makes way more sense!

from phone

Yup cuz that makes sense. Drw housings are completely different. Im looking for less weight and a slight bit better aerodynamics without dually fenders. My ultimate goal is to make a short bed srw out of it.

I also just put srw wheels on my 97 3500 4x4...much easier. I just had to get deeper center caps for my aftermarket wheels. Save yourself the time, the weight difference won't be worth it I feel.

Same way I did my swap. If you're not in a hurry wait for a box that's the same color.

would you also throw in the front wheel adapters? tires/wheels? fuel filler neck? and what is pretty good shape for it's age on the bed? pics?

just tossing it around, but my truck is a 99 2500 with a d80 and a white box.

Back