my half ton transformation

Very nice build and I love the color. What area of Pittsburgh are you from? When do you plan on having it out and running?

Very nice build and I love the color. What area of Pittsburgh are you from? When do you plan on having it out and running?

im about 20 miles south of the burgh. it runs, hood is still at the shop. it isnt goin on the road until this snow and salt are lonnnnng gone.

just a little dennis perry rubbin off.

my only other choices were the same street scene bumper everyone else has.....pass. and the srt clone bumper which i didnt like and was wayyy more.

its why we live in "murrrica" and hey dont you still have rockstars leonard?:poke:

yeah i still have the rock stars thought about getting rid of them and getting something else.

Looks awesome man!!!!!!! I wanted that truck so bad when it was for sale. I'm glad I didn't get it because it never would have looked this good.

thanks guys, ya i knew i was in for some work when i picked it up....but after the test drive i knew it had potential. even with a crapped out hx40 and 370s it was impressive. there def was chicken wire in patches on the lower bedsides...just simple cracks...no rust...got a laugh outta that one.

you do have to fab up a couple mounting tabs. comes in fairly good shape. i know my painter was impressed with it.

i appreciate the kind words guys, i think at times i enjoy the work more than the finished product. this site has cost me tons of $$$$, taken me through several trucks and ended up with this bucket!:Cheer:

How much fab work is involved to mount/brace the bumper? Are any existing attachment points used? I was originally going to go with a slick looking bumper cover but when I called them a little while ago to order, they said they were closing their doors tomorrow---figures. I appreciate them being honest I guess. They could have easily took my money and then closed their doors. I guess I may go with the SRT style made by the same company as yours---I’m sure installation is very similar between the two. Thx!

How much fab work is involved to mount/brace the bumper? Are any existing attachment points used? I was originally going to go with a slick looking bumper cover but when I called them a little while ago to order, they said they were closing their doors tomorrow---figures. I appreciate them being honest I guess. They could have easily took my money and then closed their doors. I guess I may go with the SRT style made by the same company as yours---I’m sure installation is very similar between the two. Thx!

it doesnt use a damn thing lol...strip all the plastic and with mine just some flat stock bent up and painted for tabs and supports...

Double J. Im looking to get rid of a bumper cover Ive had sitting around in the box for a past project. I sent you a PM if your interested.

nice truck man, and there will never be enough orange trucks, and your lucky you didn't have to use 2 1/2gallons of base on a quad cab!

lol ya this is true. my buddy whos painting it was explaining the differences in how much less paint a professional gun actually uses vs a cheaper one....was fun to just sit and watch him paint it...

182079_1653395893867_1206128698_31373448_1889217_n.jpg

Back