my hamilton cam write up, courtesy of chris @ relentless

hmm I've been setting my lash on my stock cam to .018. might move it to .022. Or does this not apply to stock cam?

Dude that sucks so bad. I am scared to death now. Really makes me wonder about my cam. but maybe since i had a newer cam put in before the springs it might not be a problem. If i were you I think i would call the place that made them. You know who that is right??????

Can you tell us anything else about the cam results? Dont get me wrong 30 hp is pretty sweet but did it make the power band larger? At first you said it spools up slower but then u say in traffic it isnt laggy make up your mind please. Have the egts come down? How does it sound at idle is it kinda choppy like a drag car?

ive only put 200 miles on it. it doesnt show spool up on the dyno( i just realized im wastegated at like 35)

but on the street it spools really good, from a dead stop or a 60 mph roll it lights pretty dang quick for a sps66 with very little fuel

and it idles really smooth.

and on egts, i dont really remember what kind of temps i saw cruising when i had it on 9. ive had it on level 3 for the last 4-5 months cuz of the bad cam. i guess i can put it down on 3 and drive around a little to see.

Great to see you back on the road. See you get what you pay for..... free isn't always free.....

How does it sound at idle is it kinda choppy like a drag car?

A cam in a CR will not sound choppy like a gas motor. It actually makes the motor alot smoother and alot quieter. I noticed on my Hamilton cam that my CR sounds more like a 2nd gen it isnt as raspy soundin

i have a cam and springs on the way... how long did it take to install? and i also have a head flowing about 200 now gunna put it on the same time.... any suggestions while i have it down this far?

My buddy and I had my old cam out and sitting on the ground in an hour and a half. Took us another 6 to put everything back together and what not but we were also slowing down and joking around some.

I did mine in about 9 hours total but I did it by myself with no power tools, the thing that took me the longest was finding a shop to press the gear off no one wanted to do it.

sounds good... got a/c in the shop and all the air tools you'd ever need...while i have my head off do i need to check nething...?

got a diff. one ported an polished flowing bout 200 on the bench.it's also o-ringed... figure do it once and do it right.....