My HE351VE set up

bna5017

Here are a couple pictures of my vgt set up, it's just about finished.
I was able to use the stock oil feed and drain lines, and made my own adapter. I built a downpipe and the intercooler pipe. I also took out my passenger side battery tray and am running my intake up there (as you can see). The intake pipe isn't finished so don't be too hard on it.

Mostly just an informational thread, also looking for some opinions..

Thanks,
Brett
EDIT: Please don't mind my filthy engine bay, oil undercoated my truck when I thought I may have had to drive it in the winter.

Attachments

• turbo_1.jpg
    turbo_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 0221001054a.jpg
    0221001054a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 182
I haven't got to drive it yet, I have it put away for the winter to keep it out of the salt. But it does sound pretty cool even sitting still! I'm very anxious to drive it, so it may make a trip around the block next weekend.

What setup are you using for the drive pressure gauge/sender?

I'm planning to use the upcoming Fleece standalone controller which sounds as though it will be able to utilize drive pressure input. I also intend to data log drive pressure, so I'm curious to know what setups folks are using to monitor drive pressure? beyond a well, heat isolated & filtered mechanical gauge?

I don't have the gauge yet, but I will just be using a mechanical boost gauge. So I won't be of much assistance on the data logging issue. I'd guess you just need to find a pressure transducer with the appropriate output for your data logger.

What setup are you using for the drive pressure gauge/sender?

I'm planning to use the upcoming Fleece standalone controller which sounds as though it will be able to utilize drive pressure input. I also intend to data log drive pressure, so I'm curious to know what setups folks are using to monitor drive pressure? beyond a well, heat isolated & filtered mechanical gauge?

Do you know when they are out on the market?

Looks good, I honestly think you'll love it... I know I love my HE451VeTi, laid down 422/903 last month... There wasn't even a haze at the pipe and the pyro stopped dead at 1250*, tows like a champ too :Cheer:

what are you gonna do about your shock tower?

is that a new turbo?

I am making some new plates to mount the shocks, they are flat and 1/2" thick. That's really the only thing i have left to do, just drill the holes and put them on.

No, the turbo isn't new, i just painted the compressor housing silver, and the turbine housing black with grill paint.

looks good man! so are you controlling it off drive pressure? keep us informed on how it works out!

i dig your bumper also in your aviator. any more pics on that?

Thanks! Yes, I plan to run it off of drive pressure. I'm sure I will have to spend some time getting it tuned in, I will keep this thread updated as I make progress.

Unfortunately, the computer that I had pics of my bumper on bit the dust. So I don't have any other pics of it at the moment.

04.5 should be ready very soon. We're testing on a megacab this week.

They are 495.00.

Nice, I'm a customer!
When do you build a twin turbo kit with the he351ve on 5.9?

Shoot me another email. I can build you a twin setup with this charger or an HE451 (Better :evil ) and use an S475 or S480 on the bottom. That would get you 70-80 psi efficiently. The HE451 has a 29cm housing, larger than the HE351 which will alleviate some drive pressure. We can swap the turbine to a a higher flowing unit if you need even more drive pressure reduction.

Brayden

I wish I could use the fleece controller but my electronics are shot, but I got the turbo and manifold for free so I can't complain. What wastgate actuator are you using? I have an hx35 actuator do you think it will work with no modification? What are you doing to actuate the exhaust brake? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to understand the setup.