My HE351VE set up

My actuator is off of a H1C I believe, it is different than the one on my HX35 which apparently wasn't functioning.

I will not be using the exhaust brake right away, I do not have the 60# valve springs that are recommended when using an exhaust brake. I'm not sure that i ever will use it, as I rarely ever tow very much and I don't believe it would be worth the headache in my case.

Shoot me another email. I can build you a twin setup with this charger or an HE451 (Better :evil ) and use an S475 or S480 on the bottom. That would get you 70-80 psi efficiently. The HE451 has a 29cm housing, larger than the HE351 which will alleviate some drive pressure. We can swap the turbine to a a higher flowing unit if you need even more drive pressure reduction.

Brayden
He451 is really hard to find!

We can swap the turbine to a a higher flowing unit if you need even more drive pressure reduction.
Do you mean on the he351? What's the price?

Brayden, I have not seen any threads from you, or anyone at Fleece, that has any information on your vgt controller? Not that I care that that your posting this stuff in my thread at all, I just think maybe it would be easier for anyone interested in your products to gain this information that they are seeking by locating a thread that already this stuff in it.. Probably be easier for you too..
Again, I really couldn't care less, and I hope this doesn't offend you or anything. Just a suggestion.
Thanks,
Brett.

Brayden, I have not seen any threads from you, or anyone at Fleece, that has any information on your vgt controller? Not that I care that that your posting this stuff in my thread at all, I just think maybe it would be easier for anyone interested in your products to gain this information that they are seeking by locating a thread that already this stuff in it.. Probably be easier for you too..
Again, I really couldn't care less, and I hope this doesn't offend you or anything. Just a suggestion.
Thanks,
Brett.

Good suggestion. I should get off my arse and put it on the website :)

Didn't want to derail your thread, just answer the questions that had popped up.

:Cheer:

Thanks for the info I also have one off of a wh1c so ill try it. I'm gonna try the door lock actuator for the brake. Brayden keep us up to date on the on when you get it on the website. I'm thinking about getting a controller but I would like to know more about it first. Also I have to get some new electronics for the turbo since mine are shot. Anyone know where to get a good deal on the electronics?

Just an update for anyone that may be interested..

I was on spring break last week so finally got some time to get this project just about wrapped up.

Finally got to drive the truck around the block a few times, and all seems to be well. Actuator system appears to be functioning properly and I didn't run into any serious problems, or any problems at all for that matter.

After the first trip I was very impressed by how well this turbo runs (for only being slightly bigger than an hx35). I made some adjustments to the length of the actuator arm so that the housing was a little more open off the start as it seemed to get a little too hot a little too early, and it seems to run pretty well at the moment. Where my stop is set it is only making about 27-28#'s. So I will move it a little farther forward to keep the housing a little more closed at wide open in order to get to around 35#'s.

All in all I like it a lot, now I just need to spend some time to get it a little more fine tuned, and possibly add a spring to get my actuator to open at a little less boost.

I started driving my truck full time today. First trip back to school, an hour up 79. At 65mph it makes ~7 pounds of boost and egts are about 750-800 degrees on a flat stretch of road. I really need to make a system to open that housing up for highway trips, I don't like the thoughts of what this is probably doing to my fuel mileage.

But on the other hand, this turbo pulls harder for way longer than the HX-35 that was on it. Overall I am very happy with this set up.