My New 6.7

SITE TECH

I'm finally moving back to MOPAR. Since June of 06' I've been driving a Loaded 6.0 and I'm a week away from picking up my new Loaded 6.7 MEGA. If you can't tell I very excited. One of our employees told me about this site, mostly because he hates my Ford and can't wait to help me on this project. If you can help me it would be great. This truck is stock and I'm thinking of a few changes. You tell me. What ever I decide I need it to last. I do not want to go radical. I don't want any future issues and don't think that I'm going to use a chip right now. Just want a little more torqe and milage.
1. Exaust - would like to here a little rumble but not wake up the dead. I'm thinking delete kit but I'm hearing some horror stories here. Don't want any codes. This would also help milage and power I'm sure. For right now I'm staying with 4".
2. Cold air - Whats better K&M or other brands. Is a element good enough to start or should I go with the whole box. Do you notice the differance. I put a K&M cold air kit on my Ford and I did'nt notice any differance.
3. Boost - Mess with it or no.
4. EGR - Again mess with it or no.

The truck is a duelly with 4:10's and is four wheel peel.

Thanks for the help.

MAB

He's gettin 4.10's because thats what the trucks equipped with on the lot... (it's a beauty for a stolen price:rockwoot:)

At our company we do a lot of hauling... as you can see by my avitar... (thats a light load, 200 bales) LOL .. That day i was wishing i had 4.10's because we were mulching and the slow gears would have been nice..

Not true Rob

It would have been 4:10's even if I ordered it. I like to be put back in the seat off the line.

It would have been 4:10's even if I ordered it. I like to be put back in the seat off the line.

I know you're used to those International popcorn makers under the hood, but a Cummins with even the mildest fueling upgrades will throw you back pretty good.

we've got four 6.7's at work, and if you brake it up against the converter just enough to get the turbo moving a little and stomp the throttle as you're off the brake, it'll leave rubber up into 3rd gear and I promise you it sets you back.

all four trucks are 3.73 trucks.

don't get me wrong, you're going to like the truck, but eventually you'll see where I'm coming from on the 4.10's.

my '04 had 4.10's, but it had 35" tires, so it was a pretty good match

Not My First

Before my piece of crap Ford I had 2001 Dodge 2500HD with a 5.7, auto and 4:10's and I loved it. This Ford was a big mistake. I would have gotten 4:10's in the Ford but not an option on the 350 SRW. I have 3:73's. I think this will be my fifth Dodge starting with a 79' sno commander. I think I'm here to stay.

The 4 mods you listed will make a HUGE difference. I think you will be very happy with your new truck!! Congrats!!

I would at least get a dpf delete kit acouple compaines have code free kits out, and you would want to block the egr, and i would get a a drop in filter and gut the tubes out the foam pieces pull right out, or just get a s&b filter alot have had good results with them and they are fairly cheap, I would also recommend a extreme power puck, it will give you alot better milage and noit to hard to install/uninstall and should give you a pretty good boost in power and there about 100 cheaper then the mp8

I Got It.

Well, I drove it home on monday it was 850 miles and I did'nt have one *****.
It road a little hard in the ass, but it is a duelly. Milage was around 16, not to bad I thought. Lots of power compared to other diesels Ive owned. Love all the toys and don't really miss the leather. Bolted the smitty builts tonight they are nice and long and stainless. Thanks Rob for the help. Ordered 2 inch leveling kit for my up comming birthday. Plow frame will have to go on soon. Whats next Off road tank and SNAP ON cross box I geuss. Then
I'll let one of the local geniusses help me pic out a tuner I guess.
SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN DRIVERS SEAT OF A REAL TRUCK !

MAB

:cheer:

yep you were on the books and don't be late friday Timmy is meeting you at 8:am

Got my recall notice today. Something about a fabric cover or heat shield that can sag down and catch on fire from EGR tube or something. Will see I guess. Other than that zero problems so far. Knock on wood.

congrats on the truck, you'll like it compared to the 6.0. I know, i'm driving my dads 6.0 right now cause my 6.7 is getting a little tune up. haha You'll be happy with it, if you need something feel free to ask.

Thanks buddy. Ya so far I love it and yes I did hate my 6.0, don't miss it a bit. sorry your driving one. Tuesday my 2.5 inch leveling kit goes in. I'll post pics soon for my new avitar. But for now you'll have to look at the back of my lowboy trailer with our D-155 on it.

Last edited:
Getting there.

Ok 2.5 inch leveling kit is in and it was the right choice. Off road transfer tank and cross box is in and the plow stuff is all done. Boy it's good to be back behind a CUMMIN'S. Fuel is about 12.5 around town. Not bad I thought being it now wieghs over 9000 LBS. Regen smells wierd when you catch a wiff of it. Plowing and what not. Jake brake may not be loud outside but it works awsome. I could get an addtional 40% brake life with this thing. It's that good. All in all I love it. Pics soon I promise. Atleast the local cops know it's my truck now.

I'll let one of the local geniusses help me pic out a tuner I guess.
:poke:
LOL

I just stumbled upon this thread Mark, i had no clue you were on here.

I found you a Delete kit...Give me a call when your ready to hear that I6 exhaust again:rockwoot:

Back