My New 6.7

410's whats the problem with them, Ill probally will never go back to any thing else. I know I'll get to my sig in a minute or two. 08,6.7:hehe:

Got Em :D
DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

Here's a couple more after the leveling kit was installed... Took these during the snow today, I love action shots :D

GEDC0115.jpg

GEDC0116.jpg

That is a great looking truck!!!! congrats!

my only complaint is the strobe location... time for a "back rack"
I bought the RECON strobe kit to be seen when plowing. But I need to quit dragging butt and get a back rack then throw a small strobe on top just for added visual if Im over a hill.

brbackrackCAT.jpg

lights.jpg

Ok got my first codes today. P0128 and P2299 If my research is right the first is low temps and this could be true it is about 10 degrees out side or I may have a stuck open thermostat. Second is supposed to be something about me driving with 2 feet and I must have pressed the gas and the brake at the same time. Can anyone comfirm and can I get rid of these on my own by unhooking the batts. Or should I let dodge do it when they do my recall on the EGR cover.
Sorry I like the strobe location (pole mounted) No room for a back rack it would lift up my cross box too high. Thanks for imput though.

Ok the damm codes went away on there own. I did not do a thing. WTF is up with that. Not that I'm not happy, but in all my years I have never seen a code disapear on it's own. The down side is I still have to go for the dumb recall. ?????????????????????????????????????:bang

Last edited:
Boke Down

Well,
I had my first major issue. Took truck all the way to Florida and it ran like a bastard. 16 plus MPG @ 80MPH and all the power I could ask for. 25 minutes from the end of my 2400 mile trip and bamm the check engine light pops up and a chime goes off. Drove the rest of the way home and shut it down and it would not start. Thank god I was in my home town and thank god for Ron Chickey who can to my rescue with his code scanner. In two minutes he told me that out of the 7 codes on the dash only 3 came up in his scanner and they were for a crank sensor. 1 minute later codes were canceled and the dam truck starts right up. Yellow light is on for the next 10 miles to the DODGE dealer. Dealer says I'll have it back on thurs afternoon. Has to order a crank sensor from NY warehouse. Thats ok with me, as long as it's free! But like I said it ran awsume for almost the whole trip. Don't think I passed a better looking one on the whole way. By the way I don't really blame the truck for the brake down, you see we drove through 4 inches of heavy heavy rain for South Carolina to South West Florida and trough lake size puddles on the roads in ST. PETE. I kinda think it helped it along. I did have a good 3 ft wake next to the truck going in to peoples yards and over a few parked cars, and I mean right over top. Was cool as hell. O well. By the way, THANKS RON FOR THE RESCUE You saved me the sight of my truck on a hook. For now anyway.:bang

get the deletes need to do both the egr is very nasty dumps about half of the soot back in the intake by the way smarty is going to be shipped by the 14th of april it turns all the dpf egr off only way to go you will be very hapy u did

Fixxed

Well got it back as prommissed and it seems ok. New crank sensor as Ron Chickey said. Did'nt do the recall though. Said they won't get the new tube cover for the EGR tube for a couple of days. By the way there is a new flash out for the false low temp code wich I did have acouple of weeks ago and they did flash it. I think it feels a little more snappy. Maybe bad crank sensor had the timing off a bit. I only say this because when the sensor went crazy it was pinging a little, but not anymore.
Still happy to be back behind a RAM though.

Glad you like your DRW. I love my red cab DRW. I got 3.73's in mine with manual trans.

On tuning, do not install a K&N filter. Not approved by CUmmins Inc. IMO get S&B, do the deletes yourself, and Smarty or Edge for tuning.

BTW where did you go in FL?

Cowboy,

That sucks I just put a K&N drop in last week. Not the whole box, just a filter. I can't believe CUMMINS does'nt approve. WOW. Thanks for info though. I guess I'd better not put the K&N stickers on under the hood!
DODGE dealer left a message on the house phone my recall parts are in.

Thanks for the info.

Glad you like your DRW. I love my red cab DRW. I got 3.73's in mine with manual trans.

On tuning, do not install a K&N filter. Not approved by CUmmins Inc. IMO get S&B, do the deletes yourself, and Smarty or Edge for tuning.

BTW where did you go in FL?

Sounds odd. Might have to do some digging on that one. It's just a stock replacement filter... Nothing Special.

Back