My new race truck

SSSDiesel

Sparkplug
Just got her lowered.
currently Suncoast full billit trans, Piers 13mm, DDP stage 3's, II 66, ARP headstuds, fire ringed.

Attachments

• 123race.JPG
    123race.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 216
Looks good! what class are you gonna run in?

I don't know yet, I think I will have twins on it soon and maybe nitrous.

i love the look of a lowered regular cab, reminds me of darren morrisons truck back in 05. BTW how did you lower it?

I took out the block in the back so the springs are riding on the axel, then I took a torch to the coils in the front. I need to find some used 1500 coils, I think it would ride better with them in.

I took out the block in the back so the springs are riding on the axel, then I took a torch to the coils in the front. I need to find some used 1500 coils, I think it would ride better with them in.

sweet now i know what it looks like taking out the blocks

Don't do the half ton springs.. Been there, done that. I'd possibly try V10 springs..

1995. I don't know what the weight is yet. What are the bad things on the 1500 springs?

The 1500 springs aren't designed with a heavy engine in mind. Find v10 springs as I'm sure heating the coils up while cutting didn't help anything.

Very nice looking truck.

1995. I don't know what the weight is yet. What are the bad things on the 1500 springs?

Too soft for the application.
If you really took a torch to the springs then you changed their temper and are looking at a failure waiting to happen.
You can shorten a stock coil....but cut it with a cut-off wheel.

I thought that the Smith's used 1500 coils in the front, yea their truck is lighter but the motor weighs the same.

As Unbroken said, they're just too soft. Try the V10 springs if you want to try something new.

i tried 1500 springs and it jsut set it on the bump stops so i put my stockers back in for now.