my p-pump conversion

well its pretty much done, got it started yesterday, all i need to do is hook my thorottle up.

wanting some opinions on wether to turn the fuel back some...its set at 550cc right now. bunch of white smoke when thorottling down low. thinking of backing it off to around 480cc.

Having the pump set at 550cc will not cause it to smoke white down low. You still have air in the system, and that's what you are seeing.

would the timing maybe being off cause that? i set the timing at 22*. im not able to run much more than that with my ddp comps. im gonna put a light on it this weekend to make sure its dead on.

i think with those big sticks and my pump setup, that the reason for all that smoke...once it gets warmed up the white goes away a little.

i got full cuts, no afc, no plate, plungers open all the way, 5gsk.. turbo diesel injection did the work up in indy.

Mine hazes white smoke @ 22* even with my small injectors (mach-6).

well its pretty much done, got it started yesterday, all i need to do is hook my thorottle up.

wanting some opinions on wether to turn the fuel back some...its set at 550cc right now. bunch of white smoke when thorottling down low. thinking of backing it off to around 480cc.

I would cut it back especially if you are running a 2.6 (from your sig) and street driving it.

i would like to leave it set at what it is right now. what are some of your p-pumped 2.6 guys running cc wise for fuel?

street and pulling

Without an AFC you aren't going to be able to control much smoke on the street with a slightly modded pump let alone a pump set at 550cc with no AFC.

I would bet that 550cc will still be too much for pulling also.

$.02

Pulling seasons over for the year. Throw the afc back on it and some 191's in it and you'll be much happier with it on the street.

what are some of you guys running cc wise on ur pulling trucks? im thinking about taking my down to around 500cc or so.

500cc is MORE than enough for a 2.6 truck pulling, let alone street driving it. I would throw the plate back in, tune an AFC on it and get rid of the lazer cuts, they're more for smoke than real power anyway. 191's will make more power and run cleaner, especially on the street. CCwise I would say you only need 400cc or so to make all the power your 2.6 can provide air for.

would the 5k gsk cause it to pick up rpm just sitting there idling. i dont have any of the thorottle linkages hooked to either. i was just using the hand thorottle on the pump. would it pick of idle cause there are no springs to pull the lever back or keep it in place or does the 5k springs have something to do with it?

When it idles up can you reach down there and pull the lever back to get it to idle back down? If so, you probably just need to put a return spring on it.

I run 6x18 with the exact same pump setup and a s400sx 2.8 and also with 30 timing. It white hazes a ton and does not clean up the smoke. I have a video in the vid discussion section that you can see how much it smokes. On the other hand i do drive mine on the street but have to be easy on the throttle or get out of town quick. LOL Tim

Back